No announcement yet.

Jeff Horn + Amir Khan + Bob Arum in Australia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Horn + Amir Khan + Bob Arum in Australia

Was just watching the news and saw clips of Khan meeting up with Horn and Bob Arum at the build-up of Horn vs Corcoran. Horn has gone from talking shìt about Khan to saying "I really respect Khan and he's achieved so much in boxing. I wish to fight him in 2018".

Khan also stated "I fancy Horn to win. He's just too big and too strong for Corcoran and I hope to fight him next year"

Then Bob Arum came along and gave an awkward hug and handshake to Khan.

So here we go...just don't start that bullshìt about semi-retired fighters aka Khan vs Pacquaio in a country that's never hosted a high profile boxing event and probably never will. Plus the kid isn't even ranked anymore so how does that work? Surely he needs to fight someone ranked first then become a voluntary opponent.

Only possibilities next year is Khan vs Horn as discussed above and probably the one I'd like to see...Khan vs Crawford.

How did I miss this? Apparently Bradley says the only fight he'll come back for is Khan and boy the hate from the 140lb days is real! He goes in like a savage! He wants to run Khan over in a wheelchair LMFAO!!

Which begs the question why did Bradley duck the fight with Khan twice even when he was made extremely attractive offers including the PPV share which was unheard of at the time??

Looks like these Top Rank fighters are lining up for Khan.

Comment

Khan can put himself back on the map with this. He can make easy work of Horn even with his chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
        Khan can put himself back on the map with this. He can make easy work of Horn even with his chin.
        I'm not so sure. I really haven't seen much of Horn apart from the Pacquaio fight and he looks like a really rough and ready type willing to risk it with some elbows and headbutts. That probably plays into Khans hands since he knows how to deal with brawlers but I just don't think Khan can stick to a game plan to box and move long enough and he'll probably get rag dolled and dogged once he tires. Who knows? Would be a decent fight though.

Just don't understand how he even deserves a shot without at least being ranked. He needs to fight anyone ranked and get ranked again.

Bob Arum is all smiles. Usually shìts on Khan but he was happy enough to hug him and shake his hand and shoot the shìt with the kid. Probably still on a high from the No-Mas-Chenko victory.

Same with Horn. He was saying how happy he is to have support from famous faces like Khan after being ridiculed by the international boxing community calling him a "dirty fighter" and whatnot.

Corcoran doesn't stand a chance really. I'll tune in just to see more of Horn and get to know him as a fighter.

Comment

Comment

Horn as ass as he is knocks khans jaw into new Zeland if that ever were to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
              Horn as ass as he is knocks khans jaw into new Zeland if that ever were to happen.
              Well, let's see it then. Right after Khan gets ranked LOL!

Khan is a payday for these fighters and he's being seen as an easy mark to make a name off of. So looks like he'll have a lot of options for him next year after his tune-up.

Horn looked really big for 147lb. Just saw the weigh-in and it looked like he could make 154lb soon. Well, to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
                Well, let's see it then. Right after Khan gets ranked LOL!

Khan is a payday for these fighters and he's being seen as an easy mark to make a name off of. So looks like he'll have a lot of options for him next year after his tune-up.

Horn looked really big for 147lb. Just saw the weigh-in and it looked like he could make 154lb soon. Well, to me anyway.
                Soon as Horn gives up his gift title he’s holding hostage to Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                  Soon as Horn gives up his gift title he’s holding hostage to Crawford
                  Crawford vs Khan has been talked about too. Crawford needs a big name scalp on his resume to further his profile.

The way Bob Arum works he'll probably keep everything in-house anyway and make Horn vs Crawford for next summer.

Comment

Working...
                  X