This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    LMAO what a great bit of business the Matic sale was for Chelsea! You guys were so right

United should take more advantage of Chelsea and make a bid for Gary Cahill in January probably get him for less than £40M

Than you will definitely win the league

Comment

• Dunno about Bakayoko. How good would you have to be to play alongside Fabregas in a two?

We had Matic play like a bum for a whole season. No Chelsea fan is going to miss that guy.

Comment

• Chelsea go through if they beat Carrier Bag. lol.

That has manager getting fired in the tunnel written all over it.

Comment

• I didn’t get to see the game. I’ll try and catch a replay.

But I take it that the usual suspects ****ed us?

Cahill, Courtois, and Cesc?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I didn’t get to see the game. I’ll try and catch a replay.

But I take it that the usual suspects ****ed us?

Cahill, Courtois, and Cesc?
            Cesc is a given. He can't play there. Inexplicably been playing there for 3 seasons now.

The thing with Courtois is that he's pretty bad with his feet too. So Chelsea have to abandon playing it from through the back immediately now confidence is shakey.

Courtois telegraphs everything. His combination with a right footed Cahill playing on the left side of defence is a true nightmare. It shouldn't be an issue.

A more sensible option for a limited keeper like Courtois who essentially isn't a good footballer is to kick the ball long down one of the flanks and flick the ball into the middle. So Morata, and Alonso, maybe even Bakayoko need to pull out there. City can pass that ball out sweetly. Chelsea don't have the players other than Christensen.

Conte is not really helping matters either. Keeps changing the back 3 because he is desperate to shoehorn Cahill and an out of form Azpi in there. Neither should be playing.

Willian is another one. Who in absolutely no scenario should step onto the pitch even if Chelsea are losing 5 nil. I know he had an assist against Watford but it was a freak moment of quality that may as well have been executed by Courtois. His general play at the moment is extremely poor, poorer than anyone I've ever seen play games for Chelsea - his passing is hilarious. Send him back to Brazil and let him chill out.

Fairly good player for Chelsea not better than Salah (now!), De Bruyne or even a younger Schurrle imo. And Likely not good enough anymore. But there is no point giving him the rope to hang himself week after week.

Chelsea needed a wide forward in the summer.
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 10-31-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• Our midfield has looked a bit tired last few games, Fernandinho and Silva in particular looking knackered at times. Few errors creeping into Delph's game too which was bound to happen, probably the first time the boy has played back to back games in about 2 years.

All told I can see us taking our first L of the season tonight. Napoli are brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                Our midfield has looked a bit tired last few games, Fernandinho and Silva in particular looking knackered at times. Few errors creeping into Delph's game too which was bound to happen, probably the first time the boy has played back to back games in about 2 years.

All told I can see us taking our first L of the season tonight. Napoli are brilliant.
                If Fernandinho was to get injured who would do his job?

I wonder if Cesc would get exposed like he is week in week out in your squad. Guardiola does seem to have found a solution there. Other than Toure it is a small midfield and Toure never plays.

Cesc at this stage would only not get exposed for Chelsea if he was playing as an actual no9 ffs

Conte has done a bad job over the last 6 weeks Imo. Injuries or not he's not found any solutions and Chelsea haven't had any control in any game other than Bournemouth for at least weeks. They could have lost 4-1 to Watford at home on another day.

He is just waiting for Kante to get fit. He's not really managing.

Hope Conte steps up but tbh if he doesn't he was always gonna leave at the end of the season

Comment

• Lukaku's not out of form, he's just a complete and utter useless bum against any half decent side like i told you guys when he was banging them in left right and centre.

Expect Maribor to get an absolute seeing to tonight, i genuinely think it could be double figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    If Fernandinho was to get injured who would do his job?
                    Hard to say with Pep really.

Probably either Gundogan (unreliable to say the least fitness wise, and isn't as good a ball winner as Fernandinho) or Danilo who was bought to cover that position if needed. Obviously he isn't as comfortable with the ball as Fernandinho so it'd probably holt some of our buildup from Ederson>Fernandinho>midfield>attack.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did summat absolutely ludicrous though and dropped Silva in there for certain games.

We'll probably sign someone like Weigl next summer to replace Fernandinho long term.

LB/CB/DM are always gonna be the problem areas if we pick up injuries there. Luckily Delphinio has picked up the slack at LB at the moment. Get the feeling it might cost us at some point if he stays the for 6 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Hard to say with Pep really.

Probably either Gundogan (unreliable to say the least fitness wise, and isn't as good a ball winner as Fernandinho) or Danilo who was bought to cover that position if needed. Obviously he isn't as comfortable with the ball as Fernandinho so it'd probably holt some of our buildup from Ederson>Fernandinho>midfield>attack.

Wouldn't surprise me if he did summat absolutely ludicrous though and dropped Silva in there for certain games.

We'll probably sign someone like Weigl next summer to replace Fernandinho long term.

LB/CB/DM are always gonna be the problem areas if we pick up injuries there. Luckily Delphinio has picked up the slack at LB at the moment. Get the feeling it might cost us at some point if he stays the for 6 months.
                      I can't believe you lot get away with it. Barca had Xavi and Iniesta in there but they still had Busquets behind them. It does go to show just how well that midfield and team are functioning.

Cesc is up shit creek without a paddle no matter where he plays in midfield. If you put him in 3 actually ends up working harder as he has close down one side of the pitch. Put him in a two and at least he can shuffle side to side and run in a straight line to get goal side. But then if he makes any mistakes he will get punished because he has no recovery speed. But if we play a small team he can start. We will never beat anyone good with Cesc in a midfield 2 imo. Literally, no one.

The thing that makes me think Cesc can't play in midfield is how Pep used him as a striker. And that was years ago. Apart from Cesc's first 6 months at Chelsea he has never shown an ability to be able to play as a deep lying midfielder or even any kind of midfielder defensively. Especially Conte's system in which 40% possession or less is standard.

Cesc is probably the best footballer at Chelsea but he needs to go. Too much of conundrum for managers to deal with.

Comment

Working...
                      X