Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Jacobs get to the point where he's chasing Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He could try making a fight with Murata. It could be lucrative but risky.

Comment

He's chasing him? I thought he's just responding to Charlo's insulting remarks on social media. If that's what you call chasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Jacobs was the name middleweight with the momentum behind him after his close fight with GGG. He was supposed to go to HBO to fight GGG or Canelo.

Now he's chasing Charlo for a big fight. It should've been the other way around. How did Charlo surpass Jacobs as the hot name in the middleweight division?
        Charlo’s picture perfect uppercut on Williams made him an instant “ must watch “ fighter.

Sometimes it takes just one punch for a fighter to become a star.

From the looks of it, jacobs couldnt follow up after that good fight with GG. It feels like he’s regressed as a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          None since the GGG fight which did a lot forv his career. He was the hot thing at middleweight after that fight. Now it's Charlo
          He was the hot thing after he beat Quillin. Most people has him losing to GGG so I dont know. Maybe the fact that he fought cans since then.

Comment

Maybe he Is trying to fight Charlo now and not in two years when Charlo is bigger and Jacobs older.

Comment

Jacobs lost momentum because since he went to HBO he’s fought 2 names fans either don’t know or don’t care about and hasn’t looked good in either

In that time span Charlos fought 2 names people either don’t know or don’t care about but has looked spectacular so he’s leapfrogged Jacobs in the minds of many

Comment

I thought since Jacobs was #2 and Sulecki was #4 in the WBO rankings Hearn would be trying to get a Saunders fight for Jacobs. I guess not. Korobov is probably free now. They could try that. Or Andrade. Charlo ain't happening for now.
                Last edited by Mammoth; 05-23-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                  Charlo’s picture perfect uppercut on Williams made him an instant “ must watch “ fighter.

Sometimes it takes just one punch for a fighter to become a star.

From the looks of it, jacobs couldnt follow up after that good fight with GG. It feels like he’s regressed as a fighter.
                  I don’t think Jacobs had regressed. If anything, I’d say he’s gotten better as a fighter since the GGG fight. That fight made Jacobs believe in himself.

The move to HBO has been beneficial for him. He’s made some good money. But he hasn’t been able to secure another shot at GGG or any other big fight and, from the looks of it, he won’t anytime soon.

Charlo is going to sit in his mandatory position until he gets a world title shot. Being the WBC world middleweight champion is pretty effin nice and he’s in a position to do that. So the tables have turned. 2019 is going to be very interesting.

Comment

Jacobs is just looking for the best fight he can get. What's wrong with that? He is a good fighter and not too many top guys want to fight him. Saunders wanted no part of him. Saunders only fights guys GGG already KOed. GGG and Canelo are likely fighting each other next. That leaves Jermall as a very obvious choice. Jermall should welcome a fight with Jacobs. Jermall is an undefeated lion so why not fight Jacobs? Has he got a better fight lined up? The winner of a Jacobs vs Jermall fight would be a logical next opponent for the winner of GGG vs Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      I thought since Jacobs was #2 and Sulecki was #4 in the WBO rankings Hearn would be trying to get a Saunders fight for Jacobs. I guess not. Korobov is probably free now. They could try that. Or Andrade. Charlo ain't happening for now.
                      Hearn did try to get a fight with Saunders for Jacobs. Saunders priced himself out. Saunders would rather fight Murray who GGG already KOed than Jacobs who gave GGG a hard 12 round fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X