Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Blasts Hearn's Three-Fight, $6.75M Offer as 'Slave Deal'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    how is that a slave deal, that dude just went life and death and got away with a gift decision draw agaisnt jessie vargas ffs, and before that he clearly lost to granados a journeyman, he should have like 5-6 losses already and be willing to sell his arse for 2 mill paydays by now.
    Broner is not a great fighter, by any means, but he is the second biggest draw on Showtime.

Russell/Diaz and Stevenson/Jack which were both top of the division fights in a stacked weightclass did 600k views, whereas Broner/Vargas in a nothing fight did 1m.

I think Dazn need Broner, more than he needs them.

Comment

Wish i had a slave deal like that.

Comment

More than likely he is getting more from his fights than what we know.

Comment

hearns gonna find it hard to crack this market, a lot of these fighters are deluded divas. this type of stuff is private negotiation, got broner and charlo talking about it on twitter ffs. show some class and negotiate in private, the mans making you a business offer but i guess its more important to impress some idiots on twitter than act like a man and politely decline. and for the record thats a good deal for someone whos becoming a whipping boy for the top fighters and is firmly in the B level category. you went into your shell against a damn lightweight i dont wanna bring race into it but ive got a funny feeling some of these fighters (and fans) are so hostile to hearn cause hes not black, its not a normal reaction from broner and charlo to someone whos making you a genuine offer. ive never known such a hostile reaction to someone whos trying to bring some interest into the sport

Comment

So, $6.75 million for 1 year? Damn, I never heard of slave pay that high...And Broner's as washed up as beached whale? Take the deal.

Comment

Broner has turned down more than that in the past.

No big surprise here.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I reeeaaaalllly want Broner to sign that deal so I can LMAO when the forum suddenly has a couple hundred British Broner fans.

Comment

I think he's negotiating like the Haymon/TMT crowd of savvy business men said of the Wilder, AJ situation.

Comment

Originally posted by rolshans View Post
                    Didn't he make $1 million last fight?? It would take some real chutzpah to turn this one down.
                    when will you guys learn that the listed purses for haymon's stars are wildly inaccurate . . .

additional money is paid to AB promotions to manipulate broner's listed purse to minimize tax liability and sanctioning fees.

this is standard operating procedure for haymon and many others.

which is why you guys have no idea what wilder really makes and look so silly when you go by his listed purse.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                      Wish i had a slave deal like that.
                      Shyt bro, me too

Comment

Working...
                      X