Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of Greece and Puerto Rico on bankruptcy.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Debt forgiveness won't work because you aren't forcing those who made the bad decisions to live with the consequences. So why would they change and spend less than they bring in?

Or we could do as you say and then when no one else will loan them more money and they are still in the red, what happens then?

The career politicians are benefiting too. For example, the Clintons are worth $105 million.
    The career politicians? By that you must mean every politician in America, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
      You're kidding!
      Nope. Total debt increased every Clinton year.

Source:
      http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/16

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
        The career politicians? By that you must mean every politician in America, right?
        Not every, but way too many. Some of them were actually successful in the private sector before entering politics.

It's one of the factors I take that into account when voting. If one hasn't even been a part of the private sector, how in the world can they be expected to know how to grow it?

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post

I just don't understand why Tsipras would not agree with the creditors. Perhaps because initially he was offended or because he don't want to look bad because of his political promise. I mean pay 1.6 billion before the end of june and receive 67 billion dollars in ( not sure about the actual amount).
          Once they got their finances straightened up those other demand can be changed once their economy got better.
          It's a never ending cycle, they know they'll never get out of it so he's wise enough to just say "**** it." Greece has no jobs, no viable exports and no organization. For years people weren't even paying property taxes. I think they're hoping to get better terms from the lenders or at worst, return to the drachma and whore themselves out to another country. Any alternative is probably better than being owned by the imf.

Comment

Not every, but way too many. Some of them were actually successful in the private sector before entering politics.

It's one of the factors I take that into account when voting. If one hasn't even been a part of the private sector, how in the world can they be expected to know how to grow it?

UK Prime minister David Cameron and the chancellor of the exchequer George Osborne have never worked a private sector job in their life, raised at birth to be complete career politicians, yet the UK has just set the all time employment record and is lowering the deficit every year and cutting our taxes at the same time.

The difference is that these men are Oxford educated, love their country and have to please intelligent British voters, whilst most American politicians and other failed politicians go to crappy universities like Harvard or Yale, such as George W Bush or the worst shadow chancellor in British history, Ed Balls, and they have to please a bunch of stupid Americans that want all their taxes used on the military.

oh yeah...and the fact that there is no money in British politics helps.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with British politics so I can't comment on some aspects on it.

Originally posted by Monaco View Post
              oh yeah...and the fact that there is no money in British politics helps.
              But I do know this must not be true. David Cameron, the career politician who you said has never worked a private sector job in his life, is somehow worth $50 million.

Source:
              http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ron-net-worth/

Comment

Source:
                Nice unbiased site. I especially liked this gem.

Global Warming Killed by Intelligent Design
                http://www.craigsteiner.us/articles/76

Comment

this just means bangbros will have alot more puerto ricans hoes to exploit. Win Win for everyone.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with British politics so I can't comment on some aspects on it.

But I do know this must not be true. David Cameron, the career politician who you said has never worked a private sector job in his life, is somehow worth $50 million.

Source:
                    http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ron-net-worth/
                    That website is a load of crap, if he was worth 30 million then he wouldn't of had to pay off a mortgage, he would have bought a house out right.

He's been working for the conservative party since 1988 and inherited 300,000 of his fathers 2.7 million fortune. His wife's family are also loaded. if I had to guess his actual worth it would probably be around £5 million at the most

British politicians are not being paid millions of dollars by oil companies or bankers. Guys like Tony Blair only became filthy rich after leaving British politics and milking foreign countries by working as an adviser for their kings or governments.

Comment

Source:

You surplus were talking bout surplus...

Comment

Working...
                      X