Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Junior Weight Divisions Water Down the Sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I do think we may be closing in the day we need a super heavyweight division. Guys are getting fukin huge.

Comment

I don't think that it hs watered down the sport. The multiple titles in the division have

The average fighter works hard to make weight. I rather watch fighters working at their prime weight

Comment

Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
        Although I do think we may be closing in the day we need a super heavyweight division. Guys are getting fukin huge.
        I don't think we are close to that at all. Granted it'd be more fair cuz I think its a lil stupid that a guy could have a 30lb, 50lb or 70lb+ weight advantage in a HW fight & no one really thinks about it much. The problem is largely the bigger guys suck at boxing & just win fights based on superior size/power. Til there are big guys with talent I think Super HW would be a junk division to create.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          I don't think we are close to that at all. Granted it'd be more fair cuz I think its a lil stupid that a guy could have a 30lb, 50lb or 70lb+ weight advantage in a HW fight & no one really thinks about it much. The problem is largely the bigger guys suck at boxing & just win fights based on superior size/power. Til there are big guys with talent I think Super HW would be a junk division to create.
          I dont think its imminent but I do think it may become necessary at some point. A 6'2 225lb heavyweight is becoming a small heavyweight. Guys are getting bigger and more athletic it seems to me, that or the really bigger athletic guys are boxing more.

Comment

Working...
          X