No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
    I didnt say there was a law. why would there be?

can you list examples? chances are if you like the screen adaptation you are going to like the book because there are no constraints in the book hence you get more content.

being lazy and the book being too long doesnt mean the film adaptation is better than the book.

lmfaaooo
    I seriously don't know what point you're trying to prove lol

Most people don't even read

I don't read the book for every movie or show I like, and nobody has to.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-09-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      I seriously don't know what point you're trying to prove lol

Most people don't even read

I don't read the book for every movie I like, and nobody has to.

smdh that the books are almost always going to be better than their tv/film adaptations because there are no constraints when you write a book, you get more content, make it as gory and sexual as you want, make it as long as you want unlike tv/film adaptations where there are budgetary, running time, and content restraints.

god i hope the spurs crush the heat.

Comment

smdh that the books are almost always going to be better than their tv/film adaptations because there are no constraints when you write a book, you get more content, make it as gory and sexual as you want, make it as long as you want unlike tv/film adaptations where there are budgetary, running time, and content restraints.

god i hope the spurs crush the heat.
        Some people like the show and movie adaptations more than they like the books. If someone can't finish a book, it's not because they're lazy, it's because they don't like the book. You can't argue against that. Period.

Keep dreaming, if you think the heat are going to make it easy, you're high.

Comment

• There are a good amount of movies that are better than the book.

Fight Club
          Drive
          The Bourne movies
          Forrest Gump
          The Princess Bride

off the top of my head

Comment

of course the book is better than the show.

all books are better than any film or tv adaptations because you can include more stuff in it.

Mario Puzo's Godfather is better than the godfather movie. same thing with silence of the lambs, millennium trilogy etc are all better than their film adaptations.

smdh.
            I hate the Godfather book. Way prefer the movie.

Comment

I just got the first book and I have to say it's about 10 times better than the show. George Martin is a poet.

I haven't been this intrigued by a book since I was in elementary school reading Lord of the rings.

While Tolkien's fantasy is more childish, this is definitely a book for men. It covers subject matter like war, honor, courage, fear, women, love, family and tragedy, but in a way that's easily relatable.

I understand now why HBO picked up this show, they tried really hard to depict the book accurately but it just doesn't come close. I made up my own faces for all the characters because how they are in the show is not how I picture a lot of them.
              They're my favorite books ever. Storm of Swords, the book this season and next are covering, is just an insane mass of awesomeness.

I actually think the show could do a better job with the events in the 4th and 5th books than the books did, because the show can cut the tremendous amount of unimportant material. Both those books suffer from being too big and should benefit from the fat-trimming the show will do.

Comment

I just got the first book and I have to say it's about 10 times better than the show. George Martin is a poet.

I haven't been this intrigued by a book since I was in elementary school reading Lord of the rings.

While Tolkien's fantasy is more childish, this is definitely a book for men. It covers subject matter like war, honor, courage, fear, women, love, family and tragedy, but in a way that's easily relatable.

I understand now why HBO picked up this show, they tried really hard to depict the book accurately but it just doesn't come close. I made up my own faces for all the characters because how they are in the show is not how I picture a lot of them.
                You will come to Love AND Hate the Books ... Storm of Swords is the best imo ... most exciting book i've read, enjoy the books and the show separately, too many people get disappointed about changes on the show, but I think you already know that they can be appreciated separately

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny Doomzday View Post
                  Anyone know the proper order of the books? Ima start since its gonna be a while till we get season 4...
                  A Game of Thrones
                  A Clash of Kings
                  A Storm of Swords
                  A Feast for Crows
                  A Dance with Dragons
                  The Winds of Winter
                  A Dream of Spring

The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring haven't been published yet, but he's writing them now, hopefully he hurry's up or the show will catch up to him ... George RR Martin has released a couple of chapters from Winds of Winter on his personal website

Comment

• http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzma...r-on-game-of-t

Poor Jorah. Now he has to compete with Conan the Barbarian.

Comment

• This gif is awesome. He had that ["She's finally going to let me **** her tonight"] look on his face.

Comment

Working...
                      X