Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: In Their Prime, Pacquiao EASILY Beats Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
    All bulls hit aside....He still beat...no...dominated Pac..and also the guy who knocked out Pac. He beat them so bad I have no doubt that with an hour or two’s rest he beats them the same night. It was embarassing.

If that’s not definitive as it gets then you’re missing out on the real world. It’s nice out here.

Because really, that’s what this an entire topic boils down to. One guy won, one lost. If you need ”what ifs” to get that dream victory we all wish Pac woulda had over Floyd, go for it.

Floyd won. Pac lost. Can we just continue bit ching about Eddie Hearn again like normal boxing stans?
    I didn't see a domination. Is that what you saw? The Floyd Boys saw a domination. The real world saw a Floyd clinchfest they wished they never shelled out a hundred bucks for.

I go with this quote from Oscar:

“I’ll tell you the truth – I’ll give Floyd the advantage over Manny any day because Manny has been in wars,” De La Hoya said. “Manny has fought better opposition in their prime. He has more wear and tear. He has had a longer, better career than Floyd and Floyd fights once a year. He takes care of himself. He trains all the time, so Floyd is

fresher. He doesn’t fight like Pacquiao. Pacquiao gets hit and keeps coming. That just wears you down. So I have to give Floyd the advantage, as much as I love Pacquiao.”

If that don't say Floyd was avoiding a prime Manny...

Comment

• In real time news. CRAWFORD is waiting to crush the winner of Sat fight for his 1st 147 title. Don't u all just love it?

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        The 1st 47 seconds Tell YOU Floyd did NOT duck #48. You are a liar.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQsHMN1B_bg

AND here is Oscar saying the TRUTH.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5oUr3tNWk
        Floyd's own actions and words showed how he ducked and avoided a prime Pacquaio. I followed the saga as it happened, I don't need YouTube links.

When asked about potential a Pacquiao potential fight Floyd would always clam up and cycle through his list of excuses.

It's adorable that you feel the need to defend your crush so strongly 🤣

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          What do you mean by "Floyd's offer"?

Both teams negotiated a deal across several months.

Are you implying that this deal to fight on March 13th 2010 for a 50/50 split is all imaginary? Because it's not.
          I remember when Arum met with Floyd and said he was flying to meet with Manny with the contract and all of the major points were agreed upon and there were some smaller issues that had to be worked out but it shouldn't be an issue.

Next thing you know, there's no fight and that's when the testing thing became public. I think that was the small thing Arum was speaking of that was anything but.

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Pacquiao lost to the best fighters he ever fought. There’s your facts.

By knockout and a complete and utter shutout. Floyd dominated a younger JMM than the one Pac lost to (same weight class too) JMM highlight reeled Pacquiao in the same division Pac was supposed to “destroy” mayweather in.

Beat an even MORE washed up version of Oscar who wasnt just washed up but drained. An even more washed up version of Shane. A Margarito without wraps. Loses to Horn. Loses to Bradley (facts, right?)

And here’s the kicker and the only one that matters. An older Floyd beat Pacquiao.

If we’re going off facts, who in their right mind would assume Morales and Bradley would beat Floyd? Floyd would have embarassed that version of Morales. At Super featherweight?

You’ve got to be trolling right now.
            Stick to facts. PAC beats common opponents more convincingly. So if he fought nelo likely her beat him better than Floyd did. Stopped McGregor in 3 rounds most likely. Well Hatton is better than McGregor so it's not exaggerating to say PAC stopped Connor in first round
            Floyd never showed he could beat the people who beat PAC.
            Which goes to show PACs had better career and Floyd never did what he should have to have as complete career as PAC. You can't just say Floyd would beat Morales, Barrera and Bradley and jmm.That's just like Floyd fans saying he'd beat GGG.
            The fact you have to mention Floyd cheat win over jmm means it's you whos trolling. PACs had a better career and is greater
            Last edited by hugh grant; 07-12-2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Ya because in his Prime Pacman was juiced to the gills!

Comment

• How long does Mayweather have to be retired before they stop using his name to promote a fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxinghero1 View Post
                  He was asked a question.
                  I am sure he has been asked a ton of questions before. About the fishnets, about why in the f*** Canelo would fought Amir Khan, about the 155 weight.

Even more recently about Alvarez' reason for hospitalization.

He bent the truth, or lied in most of those instances, and came up with a good answer.

True, eventually he ended up telling the truth, but the man knows how to lie, he knows how to dress up an answer when motivated. Do so for your fighter, Lucas Matthysse
                  Last edited by JLC; 07-12-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• not sure if the " best " version of Pacquiao could have beaten the worst version of Mayweather

I know that the version who agreed to drug testing couldn't

it is obvious who was the better fighter, silly Hoya

and it is also obvious who had the better career

Floyd fought and beat more higher-caliber opponents than Pacquiao

you judge a fighter by how high he peaked..... Floyd had wins over Pacquiao/Hoya, complete shut-outs over guys like Marquez/Canelo/Corrales/Mosley..... also, Mayweather fought/beat MUCH better versions of their common opponents

and yep that matters, timing is everything

until he fought Mayweather..... Pacquiao had NEVER fought the best in his division since weighing 130..... Floyd also fought that string of #3 welters when they were hot, while Pac feasted on all of those mid-level Top Rank guys who were mostly JWW's

also..... what, LOSSES and getting KTFO don't count now ?

come on

those losses would mean less if Floyd was fighting/beating scrubs..... but his competition was better than Manny's

very few - if any historians - would argue that Pac is greater that Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Stick to facts. PAC beats common opponents more convincingly. So if he fought nelo likely her beat him better than Floyd did. Stopped McGregor in 3 rounds most likely. Well Hatton is better than McGregor so it's not exaggerating to say PAC stopped Connor in first round
                      Floyd never showed he could beat the people who beat PAC.
                      Which goes to show PACs had better career and Floyd never did what he should have to have as complete career as PAC. You can't just say Floyd would beat Morales, Barrera and Bradley and jmm.That's just like Floyd fans saying he'd beat GGG.
                      The fact you have to mention Floyd cheat win over jmm means it's you whos trolling. PACs had a better career and is greater
                      I stopped reading at Pacquiao beating Canelo.

Couldn’t beat a big 147 pounder but now he’s beating a big 154 pounder?

Canelo sparks Pacquiao out with the same right hand JMM does and he did Khan. You’re getting crazy now. Literally insane. You’re actually making up victories for Pacquiao just because Floyd beat someone. Let’s get it straight. JMM proves that Pacquiao cant beat everybody Floyd has beat. That’s irrefutable. We can speculate on the possibility of Floyd, but not Pac because he literally hasn’t. The argument ends before it gets started.

The only common opponent that matters is the one who beat him, JMM. Oscar doesnt matter. He didnt beat Pac. Neither did shane, etc. but the Pacquiao conqueror was dominated by the other Pacquiao conqueror.

At this point you might as well tell me Pacquiao beat Floyd and I imagined the result. Let’s just start there instead so I know what kind od conversation we’re about to have.

And the other poster who said something about me seeing Pacquaio get dominated and a clinch fest? Yes. Pacquiao got dominated. Clinches or not.

Did froch get dominated by Ward despite clinches and all the crap? Yes.

Did Povetkin get dominated by Wlad? Yes.

Likewise for Pac. Be mad at the ref for allowing it. Everyone knew Floyd was going to clinch and smother Pac and use his elbow, time him, pot shot him, make it ugly. The only people who didn’t were delusional. Pac-Floyd was NEVER going to be a fight. It was going to be a stylistic nightmare in favor of Floyd.

It was most of our dream to Watch Pac shut Floyd’s mouth.

But guess what? In the real world, not all dreams come true. Sorry if your parents didn’t tell you that.

Sorry if watching it in slow mo with the volume off and 3d glasses didnt get the fight over turned.

This is boxing not the make a wish foundation.

You can’t wish a Pacquiao victory no matter how hard you close your eyes and you stomp your feet and act like some jaded conspiracy theorist.

Pacquiao is just another name on a list of Mayweather victories. You don’t have to like it, but that’s just the way it is.

You can find me b itching in the Wilder-Hearn threads. Who debates this anymore? Jesus. Got me with the trap card. Well played. Oscar got us with the ether promoting his fighter’s fight.

And no offense, guys. It’s all good and we all have our way of seeing things. At the end of the day we all love the same sport.

‘Murica. Wilder vs Hearn. Winner fights AJ. Make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X