No announcement yet.

What is HBO's problem with Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is HBO's problem with Martinez?

Every single fight he is in, they keep saying he is "exposed". And during the fights, they always say how he isn't looking like a middleweight champ. Yet in every single fight, he knocks the guy out in the end and destroys fighters towards the end. Someone explain to me, wtf is HBO's problem with Martinez?

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
    Every single fight he is in, they keep saying he is "exposed".
    Uhhh maybe because Wal-Mart greeter after Wal-Mart greeter keep putting him through hell?

What's going to happen when Sergio fights a Pop-Eye's cashier?

Sergio needs to stay far away from legitimate boxers like Floyd, Pac, and JR. That would be manslaughter.

Comment

I seriously doubt HBO has a problem with Martinez. They keep showcasing his fights against opponents who are not known here in the States. I'm sure if HBO had a problem with Martinez they wouldn't showcase him.

Comment

maybe Not being able to speak English, what would 24/7 be like

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
          Uhhh maybe because Wal-Mart greeter after Wal-Mart greeter keep putting him through hell?

What's going to happen when Sergio fights a Pop-Eye's cashier?

Sergio needs to stay far away from legitimate boxers like Floyd, Pac, and JR. That would be manslaughter.
          And Jr? LMAO! What made JCC legit? My god. He got a gift against Zbik

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
            OMG do you seriously think Maravagina poses any challenge to JCC JR?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
              I've noticed they are highly critical of Martinez due to his unorthodox boxing style (hands down, in and out style) but they get on Donaire as well and they both win their fights.

Comment

it's like this hbo knows Sergio is a great fighter but they have they say some bad things about him because they don't want the public to call for a Martinez vs Pac fight because they know Martinez would KO Pacquiao. HBO is a business Pacquiao has a bigger fanbase than Martinez AND MAKES THEM ALOT OF MONEY , but HBO knows if they let sergio fight Pac they will lose alot of money because Martinez would ko him.

Comment

It's not HBO, it's Merchant, mainly. Just hard to listen to. Will be a great day when he is off the network.

Comment

After the Williams ko i think everyone is expecting too much of him. He looked decent and then after the 8th he outclassed Macklin and dominated him.

Comment

Working...
                    X