Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you surprised that Marquez fought very well against Pacquiao in 2011?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
    I thought Marquez would get robbed. I wasn't surprised he fought well but I was surprised how bad Pacquiao fought. He was pretty much sleep walking until very late in the fight. It hilarious listening to Lampley trying to pump Manny up.
    Pacquiao was lethargic in that fight. He wasn't even looking at Roach when Roach tries to instruct him to fight more. But in the 4th fight Pacquiao was a beast, he looked prime in their despite being 34 years old, but then the KO came in and history moves on.

Comment

No. Marquez was still a great fighter and Manny was overhyped.

If he couldn't dominate the guy in 2 other fights wasn't gonna happen the 3rd time either. Boxing is more about IQ than anything which is why JMM is so great.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
        No. Marquez was still a great fighter and Manny was overhyped.

If he couldn't dominate the guy in 2 other fights wasn't gonna happen the 3rd time either. Boxing is more about IQ than anything which is why JMM is so great.
        You don't know what Over hyped means.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          You don't know what Over hyped means.
          LOL don't get your feelings hurt. Manny was great but this was around the time they were calling him "the fighter of the decade" and Bob along with lots of media outlets were saying he might be the GOAT. I get that you're a huge fan that's fine but come on let's be real everyone knows that was over-hyping him back then.

Manny was great, but so was Marquez who is just smarter and more strategic in the ring. That alone meant it was always going to be a tough fight.
          Last edited by JK1700; 10-03-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
            LOL don't get your feelings hurt. Manny was great but this was around the time they were calling him "the fighter of the decade" and Bob along with lots of media outlets were saying he might be the GOAT. I get that you're a huge fan that's fine but come on let's be real everyone knows that was over-hyping him back then.

Manny was great, but so was Marquez who is just smarter and more strategic in the ring. That alone meant it was always going to be a tough fight.
            Since HE WAS THE FIGHTER OF THE DECADE, he earned that title universally from every media outlet and experts and Floyd was just second. From 2001-2009 he went up to eight weight classes and got a belt in each of those weight class, and the people whom he took the belts from aren't some paper champ. He took it from Marquez, Barrera, Morales, Ledwaba, Sanchez, Diaz, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Solis. He was 19(16KO)-1-2 with 3 of the 5 greatest Mexicans of all time, and some good contenders and champions from 2001-2009 which was WAY BETTER Than Floyd did back then.

Which opponent did Floyd fought that is better than the Prime Marquez and Prime Barrera Pacquiao fought at 2004 and 2008 and 2003? And please, don't mention the Marquez that Floyd fought at welterweight who was 134lbs at light weight then went back to lightweight at 133 lbs after getting beat by Floyd.

Pacquiao was already on the slide post Miguel Cotto and Margarito damaged him, he lost his hunger, therefore his performance goes down. Pacquiao's style was tailor made against one of the greatest counter punchers of all time whose trademark style is better in rematches!

Comment

Working...
            X