No announcement yet.

Oscar De La Hoya vs Vernon Forrest & Winky Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar De La Hoya vs Vernon Forrest & Winky Wright

Oscar fought a lot of top guys but it would've been nice to see him take on these two guys. Wright was the best at 154 for a long time but struggled to get many big fights (Hats off to Mosley for fighting him twice) and I feel like De La Hoya should've fought him after those wins or definitely after the Trinidad win. Oscar made the stupid mistake of fighting Hopkins, but it still could've happened. From what i've heard Oscar viewed it as a very tough fight and not worth the risk when he could take easier fights for more money. It's a shame really because Winky didn't really lose to Simon or Vargas or Taylor so up until the Hopkins fight he was basically undefeated. He's the biggest victim of the business and politics side of boxing that I know. But if you really know boxing you know he was one of the best.

Vernon Forrest (R.I.P) would've been a very tough fight for Oscar. I don't blame Oscar for not fighting him because of the Mayorga fights then he was off for 2 years but if they had fought after the Mosley fights or if they fought in 2007 after De La Hoya-Mayweather who do you guys think would've won? I have a hard time picking the outcomes of either fight, but I think the Wright that fought Mosley and Trinidad probably would've beat De La Hoya as well. It would've been a close fight but he was one of the most difficult guys to fight that I have ever seen.

What do you think?
Working...
X