Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we about to see greatness from Loma now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYG View Post
    That's not the reason he lost, let's be honest. He lost because he waited too long to start throwing. He was obviously expecting a different Lopez and Lopez did what he had to do to win
    I don't think so. He knew what kind of guy Lopez was. Never let it be said that Lomachenko ever went into a fight not prepared fully. He didn't throw, because he was having left shoulder problems, and thought he might do enough to win a rd or two in the first half. When he saw he was losing badly he got going through the pain, there had to have been much pain, and arguably won 5 rds in the second half. We KNOW for sure that he's had problems requiring surgery on that shoulder since the Linares fight at least.

I gave him 5 of the last 6, as did many boxers, guys like Bud Crawford for instance. Lopez was NOT dominant, he was just throwing more because he had no arm or shoulder problems, so was winning rounds, like Willie Pep reputed to have won a rd without throwing any punches. I saw that fight, and that rd, and he threw 3 punches, one only was a bare touch, but it won him the rd.

Anyway, all we have are opinions. and can amicably differ and come back again another time to discuss other fights..

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post
      After this loss, is Loma going to now display a level we have not seen from him yet?

A loss like this can actually make him a greater fighter.

I wanted Lopez to win but didn’t think he could. Like I’ve said in previous posts, I think Lopez winning is better for the popularity of the sport and even more, as an example to the young guys to just go for the big names sooner than later.

But Loma now has a target on his back and will be in the fight of his life at every weight class.
      Will he level up and let the world know who he is?

I never make threads. I just ask that we keep it positive. Thanks.
      Whatever he does, Davis still wont fight him lol

Comment

he's about to lose 5 straight fights. bum.

Comment

So Loma lost! So does almost 99.999% of fighters lose.

So what!

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
            Whatever he does, Davis still wont fight him lol
            But Lopez did and Haney wants to so what’s your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Punch on Tap View Post
              But Lopez did and Haney wants to so what’s your point?
              1 has stepped up, 1 wants to and 1 fights.....nobodies

Comment

Working...
              X