Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko should probably retire.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Them shoulder injuries don't heal correctly with that shoulder he won't beat the top guys at 135 so retirement is near or drop back to 130 to fight less talented guys

Comment

Doctors are saying he may be able to start training as soon as January.

Lomachenko was very cautious in the first half of the contest, when Lopez built a significant lead on the scorecards. His late-round rally fell short, and Lomachenko lost his WBC, WBO and WBA titles.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Lomachenko's manager not happy with judge

Lopez upsets Loma; youngest 4-belt champ ever

Arum: Lopez weighs options for next opponent
      He was examined Monday by Dr. Neal ElAttrache (who oversaw his operation in 2018) and was told he would need surgery that day.

Lomachenko should be able to resume training by mid-January, according to Klimas.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
        He needs to get that shoulder figured out for sure. Doesn't seem like the first surgery did much of anything. Maybe needs to adapt what he is doing training wise too
        That's not how surgeries work. These athletes aren't broke, they are able to afford better surgeons than normal people. The training involved in boxing is abnormal though. It is a physically tough sport and no surgeon in the world can repair his shoulder to the point where it will never re-injure. Boxing is also a sport where your shoulders will be in use with literally every punch or block. That shoulder will be an issue for the rest of his career no matter which surgeon touches it.

Comment

He should probably move down in weight. Then again Teo is big for 135.. ehh maybe just stick it out and get the Haney, Davis or Garcia fight first

Comment

Maybe he should just chill on the hand stands. first thing i thought of when i read it was cartilage damage. I mean, it's not my specific field so maybe I'm way off, but certainly he can find some professionals to advice him on whether it is more beneficial or detrimental to walk on your hands and apply that kind of prolonged pressure on your shoulder girdle.

Otherwise, yeah, sucks that he has to get it operated on again. That's gotta be a let down on a fighter.

edit: this is wear and tear, I'm not saying it's from walking on his hands entirely. The guy trains hard, throws a lot of punches, has had a lot of training sessions since a child - his right shoulder has lost some cartilage. That's wear and tear. As long as they repair the shoulder to functionality, then no need to retire he's still a top fighter.
            Last edited by SCEN3RY; 10-21-2020, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Another one who didn't read anything I posted and I intentionally kept it short because I know most of you don't read long posts.
              I did read it, I thought it was his hand not his shoulder in those fights that got injured...

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                I don't see him coming back from this shaming, considering all the died hype. By then also the geography at 130 and 135 would be different. If he comes back after the shoulder heals (if the claim is true), I think he'll go on a little bumfest before fighting a live opponent again.

I'm sure Hearn would have Crolla and Campbell ready to go.
                He could always fight bottom feeders like tank Davis...although he probably isn’t quite washed up enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                  He could always fight bottom feeders like tank Davis...although he probably isn’t quite washed up enough.
                  That dream MEGA fight of Loma is now gone. He clearly wasn't good enough.

Davis-Lopez coming up. We can keep talking until Lopez is beaten down, and another loss for you. I don't expect you to apologize, tho, seeing how bitter you are now.

Davis will show Loma how it's done properly. Santa Cruz is muli-division and current champ, so have some respect for him, at least.
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 10-21-2020, 01:00 AM.

Comment

The loss and the injury may be enough to lure Davis into a fight with Loma at 130. That could be a good way to gauge if he should continue at 130 or retire. It's clear that 135 may be too ambitious if he plans to fight into his mid-30s.

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                      The loss and the injury may be enough to lure Davis into a fight with Loma at 130. That could be a good way to gauge if he should continue at 130 or retire. It's clear that 135 may be too ambitious if he plans to fight into his mid-30s.
                      There's no money in fighting Loma. Did you see how much Teo got paid? Tank can make more money fighting Ryan Garcia.

Loma doesn't have a belt. He's coming off an embarrassing loss. Tank has nothing to gain by fighting him

Comment

Working...
                      X