Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60% of Americans Wealth Is Inherited, NOT EARNED!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60% of Americans Wealth Is Inherited, NOT EARNED!

source: http://piketty.pse.ens.fr/files/Alva...iketty2015.pdf

I would love to know what this source article considers “inherited”.

I personally have not “inherited” money. I have received some gift cards for $20 to Walmart but... nothing else.

Comment

Thanks to slavery

Comment

I can believe it. I see a lot of colleagues who are living very comfortably after inheriting homes that have sky-rocketed in value over the last several years. Homes, life insurance, and other inheritances have helped a lot of people out who would otherwise be struggling or living a much more modest lifestyle.

Comment

Yea the goal in life is to work as hard as possible, provide for your children and leave them whatever you have left. Not a difficult concept.
          Maybe a limit less laziness and bust your ass like most people do and stop looking for short cuts in life everyone would be better off. Blue collar construction worker I am by the way. No silver spoon here
          No education. I was always told if you want to grow up and be a big man, “ Get a little Dirt on your Hands.”
          And that’s that

Comment

Lol and who gives a ****? Isn't it the American dream to make it.. making a better life for your family.. and leaving something to them when you pass (I.e a legacy)

Or would you prefer to be left just funeral costs? Jesus you ****ing cry babies are too much.. no wonder your type will never make anything of yourself..

To busy crying about inequality.. hey **** head I wish I was built like Ronaldo and could play football like him.. life's unfair boohohooo

Comment

If someone worked to get that money why does anyone care who they left it to? Or what they do with it? MAN people are always in someone elses pockets. Just go make your money and worry about yourself.

Comment

Wealth must be distributed fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by todisday View Post
                  Wealth must be distributed fairly.
                  LOL what a joke. Do you even understand what you just said? Why would anyone go to work? Why would anyone go to college? Why would anyone work harder than the next person to get a head?

So everyone just stay how and smoke pot and play games all day. Yeah, lets see how that works out. People cant be this dumb! What has the world come to for a person to suggest such a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                    LOL what a joke. Do you even understand what you just said? Why would anyone go to work? Why would anyone go to college? Why would anyone work harder than the next person to get a head?

So everyone just stay how and smoke pot and play games all day. Yeah, lets see how that works out. People cant be this dumb! What has the world come to for a person to suggest such a thing?
                    People would work to feed their families. People would work to have something to do, to challenge themselves. I'm thinking of an entirely different society than the capitalist, consumerist version we currently have. While I agree that it's incredibly difficult to control people, I also believe that if we changed our mindset and returned to agriculture, there could be a much better life out there for all of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X