Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Was The Underlying Cause of the Collapse of the Soviet Union?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Was The Underlying Cause of the Collapse of the Soviet Union?

What do you think was the primary reason for the USSR (and its communist government) to collapse?

Was it because of work of Ronald Reagan? Was it the Soviet's horribly run economy [by spending a large portion of its budget on its military] and its communist ideals that led to its collapse? Was it due to it losing the Arms Race and international competition with the United States and the West?

Was it its continued propaganda use and tight media control that led to its fall internally after its citizens discontinued to trust their government and in what began as an American vs Soviet Union "culture war"? Was it their loss of the war in Afghanistan? What was it in your opinion as these answers are more or less subjective and based on people's perceptions.

Its a combination of everything you mentioned. I would add Margaret Thatcher along with Reagan.

Comment

Comment

i don't know but i will hazard a guess and say ancient aliens.

Comment

Full Employment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_employment

Comment

McDonalds.

Comment

when ivan drago got beat by rocky in his own turf...

Comment

Well arms production v.s. GDP has to be the culprit.

You could blame Reagan for squandering money in a contest with them...........but they're the ones who built a stockpile of weapons worth trillions of dollars and let them all decay when the operators retired/died.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

It was vodka.

Comment

Regan, The arms race, and Afghanistan.

Comment

Working...
                    X