Collapse
No announcement yet.

Porter has been looking progressively more drained

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Porter won't make it past 12 then for sure if that's the case.

Comment

I used to think that Porter had an advantage to Spence if he can maintain control of a clinch cause of how Porter gets off full power KO shots in close on the ropes, but after how Spence beat Garcia, I’m not so sure. I’d pick Bud to beat Spence if they fought soon. Spence is a bad mfr, but he’s less versatile than Bud and less slippery, which to me means more power punches landed for the more versatile fighter (especially since experience is also in buds favor) with the versatility comes a larger selection and expertise with all the power punches from both stances, that adds confidence to a boxer. I think Bud can keep his lead foot outside Spence’s more than vice versa
      Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 07-07-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Didn't Porter used to fight at a higher weight in the amateurs?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          The fact that Spence was able to eat everything from Brook and still keep coming at him, eventually breaking his face and finishing him, it a perfect example of why he's a better bully. Porter was not able to do that to Brook, though he tried and tried.

If you disagree, that's fine.
          it wasn't the same Brook, but my money would be with Spence, even thou I like Porter more.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            After seeing Porter’s lackluster performance agaisnt Ugas, I think he is going to have a long night against Spence. Porter has to make this ugly (which is his style anyway) to make this fight competitive. Commit to the body and be a human windmill.
            Porter is a nice guy. Hes not much of a boxer. He’s tough and game. Ur right he needs to use his head and be ugly. I don’t know if the judges will like it though. I didn’t like Spence’s feet against Brook especially early, but they looked great against Mikey. Spence should win but who looks good versus porter?

Comment

I agree that Porter's physique looks a little different now than it looked 5 years ago when he fought Malignaggi for example. A little less mass, but I haven't seen any decline in stamina or punch resistance yet so I can't tell you if he's drained or not.

Porter needs to use the jab and fight a hard offensive fight. Spence needs to get the respect early and fight a smart fight and finish strong later. It will probably go the distance as both have good chins (Porter maybe a little better) and no 1 punch KO power at that level. The ability to close the show and steal rounds in the last 30 seconds of every round us fundamental in a fight like this.
              Last edited by Dip_Slide; 07-07-2019, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X