The Right Hand: How Champs Throw It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Right Hand: How Champs Throw It

xxxxxxxxxzxczc
    Last edited by DinoCop; 07-02-2018, 03:55 PM.

I don't know if I agree with squaring up your shoulders before you throw the right, I feel like the hand should move first then the shoulders.

But it's something I will need to look at more closely when I spar to be clear on the details.

Good work, though. That was an interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I don't know if I agree with squaring up your shoulders before you throw the right, I feel like the hand should move first then the shoulders.

But it's something I will need to look at more closely when I spar to be clear on the details.

Good work, though. That was an interesting read.
      Thanks, added some collage photos of (like layouts) pre right and during right moments of champs to make it a lil bit more comprehensive:

Comment

Props man I skimmed it cause I dont have time to give it the proper read over atm but looking intresting Ill read it and give you my opinion on it in a few.

Comment

Video would be nice. More of a setup for a lead right or pull counter.
          Last edited by Real King Kong; 02-05-2017, 03:51 PM.

Comment

I love the post, nothing I don't disagree with honestly. When used correctly that lead right is a very sneaky, deceptive shot. It's one of my favorites. Works really well if you can do it out of a broken rhythm, makes it harder to read and time. It also is easy to play off of once you get the opponent to see it; sets up good up-jabs and feints. It also can make them second guess their offense if you posture up appropriately.

Comment

I appreciate your info.
              Here are some things to think about on your first point:
              Your terminology or description of squaring up your shoulders is a little off. If your shoulders are squared that means your hips will almost be squared as well, not completely but partially, which doesn't allow for full rotation of twisting of your hips. Are their exceptions to this rule definitely, but throwing a right hand with your shoulders fully squared up limits your body's ability to rotate fully from the hips and throw a straight punch. You're right hand will naturally veer to the left with your shoulders fully squared and then rotating your hips.
              There are more ways to throw a right hand than what you and I just discussed, and squaring your shoulders up before throwing the right hand, isn't necessarily the best thing to teach a beginner or novice boxer. Better to learn full punching mechanics and extension and scale back from their, then to start throwing from a fully squared up position.

Comment

Mike Tyson is a power hitter no matter right or left

Comment

Thx for the replies and attention, each one is out of experience I believe. I'm and will be just trying to show how champs do it without unnecessary commentary; not how I, he or she does it. I'm saving up some shoulder roll screenshots from various as possible fighters to show how they do it, best as i can.

Comment

Originally posted by palacboxing View Post
                    I appreciate your info.
                    Here are some things to think about on your first point:
                    Your terminology or description of squaring up your shoulders is a little off. If your shoulders are squared that means your hips will almost be squared as well, not completely but partially, which doesn't allow for full rotation of twisting of your hips. Are their exceptions to this rule definitely, but throwing a right hand with your shoulders fully squared up limits your body's ability to rotate fully from the hips and throw a straight punch. You're right hand will naturally veer to the left with your shoulders fully squared and then rotating your hips.
                    There are more ways to throw a right hand than what you and I just discussed, and squaring your shoulders up before throwing the right hand, isn't necessarily the best thing to teach a beginner or novice boxer. Better to learn full punching mechanics and extension and scale back from their, then to start throwing from a fully squared up position.
                    I think you're missing the point a little. He's not teaching how to throw THEE right hand, just an alternative right hand that is seemingly prevalent among the elite. More observation than instruction, really.

Comment

Working...
                    X