Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you a credit/debit card person or more of a cash person?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These days always credit cards. Used to be a cash only guy then I grew up.

First off, I collect travel points on my VISA, I've had the card for just over a year and now I have 500$ worth in points. So next time I book vacation I can knock 500$ off that.

My MC I collect points for groceries. Over years I have got 2-3k in free groceries.

I put all my bills everything through the credit cards.

Also I can always get my money back with credit card companies. I've got scammed before by Groupon and had another case and guess what I call visa report fraud and get my money back. Then visa takes it up with them to get their money back.

Comment

I hate using debit cards because of the fraud risk associated. If someone fraudulently deducts money out of your checking account via debit card, it's much harder to recover than if you had put it on a credit card. With the credit card, if the transaction is fraudulent, most cases you don't have to pay - the credit card co sorts it out.

I almost always use my Amex or MasterCard whilst purchasing goods/services. I keep cash with me but I use it few and far between. I like using the perks of using credit cards - points, rewards and you get to use the float. Also, I never carry a credit card balance from one billing statement to the next. You don't pay any interest if you pay your cards off in full every month

Comment

I carry about $100 cash, just in case, but I always use my debit card for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          I hate using debit cards because of the fraud risk associated. If someone fraudulently deducts money out of your checking account via debit card, it's much harder to recover than if you had put it on a credit card. With the credit card, if the transaction is fraudulent, most cases you don't have to pay - the credit card co sorts it out.

I almost always use my Amex or MasterCard whilst purchasing goods/services. I keep cash with me but I use it few and far between. I like using the perks of using credit cards - points, rewards and you get to use the float. Also, I never carry a credit card balance from one billing statement to the next. You don't pay any interest if you pay your cards off in full every month

Absolutely with you on big expenses. For travel and anything over $500 I am not using a debit card.
          That is for damn sure.

Comment

Usually depends what im buying and if i remember to bring cash. Idk why but for certain things i always just instinctively pay cash like for booze, or small stuff like food. if its bigger i usually use a card just to avoid counting out the cash. I always lose my cards too, never had a problem yet but i always realize and cancel em right away and just pay the $5 penalty or whatever.

Comment

A lot of you guys are talking up credit cards. Which one is a good one to get for a first timer?

Comment

Originally posted by mortal7 View Post
                A lot of you guys are talking up credit cards. Which one is a good one to get for a first timer?
                Whatever one the dealers take as collateral

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Whatever one the dealers take as collateral
                  I was gonna bring that up blanco but I thought id be civilized lol. Main reason for cash really.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
                    I was gonna bring that up blanco but I thought id be civilized lol. Main reason for cash really.
                    Lol why deny being scumbags?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      Lol why deny being scumbags?
                      I can't really I think me, you and hugh are pretty notorious degenerates here by now. But you gotta try to be a gentleman squire sometimes haha. I had a dealer once who took bitcoins was really weird, never did that bs personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X