No announcement yet.

Biblical Knowledge for Dummies: Genesis Ch 1-5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
    You don't read poetry at face value. You don't read satire at face value.

Same thing with the symbolism in the bible.
    You pick and choose what to believe by what you want to believe and change the standards to help achieve it. It's pathetic and weak minded.

Comment

Seriously. I believe in a higher power, or something that made everything come together in the universe and what not......but believing the bible and all that??? C'mon, were are in the 21st century right???

The bible was written in an attempt to control man. Simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Seriously. I believe in a higher power, or something that made everything come together in the universe and what not......but believing the bible and all that??? C'mon, were are in the 21st century right???

The bible was written in an attempt to control man. Simple as that.
        Your ignorance is astounding.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Your ignorance is astounding.
          ..........The bible is bulls**t man. What's ignorant about that???

I believe in some sort of energy or something that created everything but that's it.

Why did these men write the bible, or do you believe it was the words of a "god"???

Comment

So god creates man and the tree of knowledge and told man not to eat from it? Sounds to me god wanted to keep man as a bunch of idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
              no **** dude

can snakes talk?

Unless you find a snake that talks then it wasn't meant to be interpreted literally.
              No, snakes can't talk, but that didn't stop ******s who lived a thousand years ago from believing that they could. Also, the talking snake thing is literally only one of dozens of things written in the bible that science has proven to be categorically false in recent human history.

You seem quite angry about this. As you should be as one who centers his life around something that is continuing to be proven false every day.

Comment

I believe in some sort of energy or something that created everything but that's it.

Why did these men write the bible, or do you believe it was the words of a "god"???
                Yep I sure do. Who is this person controlling me as you said since the bible was meant to control people, i'd sure like to meet this guy.

Comment

Carbon.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Yep I sure do. Who is this person controlling me as you said since the bible was meant to control people, i'd sure like to meet this guy.
                    Well I don't know the people that wrote that bible, but that's an opinion on why it was written. I certainly don't believe these men knew the words of god and wrote the bible. I mean, it's cool, have your beliefs and what not, I don't share them.

We all can believe what we want. I believe the bible is a bunch of bulls**t.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      Carbon.......
                      Whatever. My main thing is I don't see how anyone could believe the bible are words from a "god". I don't know...

Comment

Working...
                      X