New study says boxing still America's favourite combat sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by croz View Post
    Off twitter. Scarborough research.

I posted about it ages ago but didn't have the full study at the time.
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=596512
    You forgot another part of the study.

Comment

Is Dana White going to commit sucide

Comment

It says avid boxing fans are 16 million.

Comment

A lot of my friends are casual boxing fans and some are casual ufc fans. More of my friends are more interested in boxing than ufc and I have noticed with a lot of puerto rican and mexican kids I know they are much bigger boxing fans than a lot of white kids I know.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
            Are you implying I ran a study and made charts?
            wow man... I meant -0 where in the hell you found that - first. second - why in the world you believe in this crap? just think of what you posted..

Comment

Nothing matches the feeling, the intensity, of even a decent fight much less a big time main event.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogecca MaMa View Post
                wow man... I meant -0 where in the hell you found that - first. second - why in the world you believe in this crap? just think of what you posted..
                What? It's a study down by a sports research fund. It's one of the first sentences in the OP.

Comment

[QUOTE=croz;13348580]This study focuses on over all avid fan base not total fan base. But the avid fan base of 16 million gives a good estimate. Boxing's over all fan base has been measured at 50 million while the UFC's is at 30 million so that tells us how much the cut of the pie is worth.

As always Croz you show how a delusional control freak you are

They both have an avid fanbase of 16 mil.Where does it say that boxing has 50 mil fans and UFC has 30 mil?

Just deal with fact that your strong point are not facts and stop comparing the 2 because they are both great sports.
                  UFC IS DOING GREAT!!!

Last edited by mikinoki; 05-10-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Was heavy into MMA at one point, but now a lot of fighters have trouble staying relevant. A lot of them get some wins then get dropped to the point of losing interest.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinoki View Post

As always Croz you show how a delusional control freak you are

They both have an avid fanbase of 16 mil.Where does it say that boxing has 50 mil fans and UFC has 30 mil?

Just deal with fact that your strong point are not facts and stop comparing the 2 because they are both great sports.
                      UFC IS DOING GREAT!!!

You mind learning to read? I said this study focuses on avid fanbase not total fanbase. The total fan base was covered in a different study. At least ask for a source rather than acting straight out like a know it all moron. We had a lengthy discussion on it here before:
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=573816

links here:
                      http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/4...-combat-sports
                      As far as boxing, which has also seen an increase in fans over the last 10 years, Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer states (subscription required) that this is primarily down to the Hispanic market.

A big key is the emergence in numbers of the Hispanic audience, where boxing is the second biggest sport next to soccer. Those numbers have increased over the past decade from 37.4 million to 50.7 million, and will continue to increase over the next decade. What makes that strange is that pro wrestling is twice as popular with the Hispanic audience in the U.S. than the white audience, so whatever growth boxing should have because of it should be mirrored by wrestling. It’s hard to say why that isn’t the case. Boxing hasn’t had that superstar Hispanic since Oscar De La Hoya, and wrestling really hasn’t had one in decades. Eddy Guerrero was close before his death and was the biggest since the heyday of Mil Mascaras (who was a superstar only regionally in the U.S.), but to really draw from that type of audience, the guy has to be No. 1, not No. 5 when it comes to being pushed as the serious top star of the brand.

http://mmapayout.com/2010/11/the-ufc-fan-base/
                      The size of the UFC fan base in the United States is estimated to be approximately 31 million people

Comment

Working...
                      X