No announcement yet.

MMA knowledge pros

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMA knowledge pros

what is the best/your favorite fight, in the UFC? I got some compilation DVDs, wondering if anyone picks any fights that arent on there. I know Shogun vs. Henderson is on the 2011 one, and that's got to be the best UFC fight I can remember seeing. But I'm a relative rookie compared to some of you guys.

Matt Hughes vs. Frank Trigg II | 2005
    Mauricio Rua vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira | 2005 - Pride Critical Countdown 2005
    Nick Diaz vs. Paul Daley | 2011 - Strikeforce
    Gilbert Melendez vs. Josh Thomson II | 2009 - Strikeforce
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Bob Sapp | 2002 - Pride Shockwave
    Diego Sanchez vs. Nick Diaz | 2005 - The Ultimate Fighter 2 Finale
    Karo Parisyan vs. Nick Diaz | 2004 - UFC 49
    Diego Sanchez vs. Karo Parisyan | 2006 - UFC Fight Night 6
    Roger Huerta vs. Clay Guida | 2007 - The Ultimate Fighter 6 Finale
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Randy Couture | 2009 - UFC 102
    Nick Diaz vs. Takanori Gomi 2007 - Pride 33
    Diego Sanchez vs. Clay Guida 2009 The Ultimate Fighter 9 Finale
    Anthony Pettis vs. Benson Henderson 2010 - WEC 53
    Gray Maynard vs. Frankie Edgar II & III
    Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone
    Jim Miller vs. Joe Lauzon

Comment

Watch Edgar vs Maynard 2

Comment

If you're limiting it to UFC and not MMA; Tyson Griffin v Clay Guida and Sanchez v Parisyan both come to mind. But, most of the great MMA fights have been outside the UFC.

Comment

i haven't watched UFC since the early days but i have a question?

tank abbott may of had a losing record but i met one of dan severn's business associates on holidays last year & he told me tank abbott was a very scary man outside the octagon. he had told me he was gay. i was like tank gay? i didn't believe him but he told me he was the type of violent gay that would beat the crap out of you then have his way with you. has anyone here every heard of such stories? this is by no means a pot shot at tank or MMA fans but i'm just curious...although after his first fight in the UFC he was giving commentary after a fight about how he was sexually aroused as he pounded the guy in the face. i thought that was just smack talk but like 10 years later in cuba i have an "apparent" severn associate tell me this.

Comment

I don't buy it. I've heard second hand information from someone on another forum that Severn and Ken Shamrock claimed some of their fights were worked or fixed. Unless I hear them say it themselves, I'm not going to believe it, just like this claim about Tank.

Comment

Cro Cop vs Big Nog

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                I don't buy it. I've heard second hand information from someone on another forum that Severn and Ken Shamrock claimed some of their fights were worked or fixed. Unless I hear them say it themselves, I'm not going to believe it, just like this claim about Tank.
                i didn't believe it either but it was strange to hear that because he seemed like a tough SOB whenever i saw him fight or talk. i heard about his after party fights with a guy he lost to. he made him tap out then got tough later & tank drug him across every table at the party & pummeled him until they sent him to the hospital. i heard & read stuff like that but this tank abbott being a scary & violent gay who would ass rape you didn't seem right to me but some of his comments after fights got me wondering...this guy claimed to be a close associate to severn so he says. i'm not an MMA fan so i don't know much about who does what but his comments were quite disturbing. he just basically told me tank made him very nervous & he made those few comments & that was the end of the chat on him. he was talking about MMA guys he use to deal with but severn was his main guy it sounded like. i told him i always enjoyed watching tank abbott because he had no martial arts skills at all & did pretty good for being a fat biker looking bar brawler. that's when he got kind of creeped out & told me these things. i agree with you id have to hear it from the horses mouth or it's all talk but it was very strange to hear that...

Comment

no martial arts skills? Well maybe no defensive skills. I've heard also though that he was a wrestler in high school.

Comment

Working...
                  X