No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
    Hate it or Love it Brandon Rios is the face of boxing.
    Yea.. He reminds me of Duran...

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      The Judah fight was pretty hyped, that was Floyd biggest fight pre Oscar and lots of dudes believed Judah was the guy to beat Floyd.
      It was hyped until Judah lost to Baldomir. Judah was still a Top 5 WW, but it lost hype when Baldomir upset him. At least Floyd-Baldomir was against the RING champ and a guy coming off a really big win.

I was more pumped for Floyd-Ortiz or Floyd-Baldomir than I would be for Floyd-Guerrero right now. Like I said, a solid win over a Top WW, but it doesn't do anything for him. It's like Pac-Clottey, a decent win for him.

Now if Guerrero were to get another win over a Bradley, Matthysse, Alexander, than I'd be really pumped for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        I've literally seen some posters say before that Pac-Rios was a good fight to make for Manny, but then they turn around and say Floyd-Guerrero is crap.

Guerrero is a Top WW, so it's not crap. It doesn't anything for Floyd though. It's on the level of when Manny fought Clottey. It's probably his least hyped or least best fight since Judah in 2006.

Oh well. Title is misleading, it says conversations will start next week with Haymon and Mayweather to see what is next.
        I have to disagree with you there man. Clottey was coming off a win against Cotto (imo)...and Guerrero is coming off a win against Bert

Clottey>Guerrero

Comment

no mention of cuenca 43-0 or spadafora 46-0. still ducking i see.

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post
            I have to disagree with you there man. Clottey was coming off a win against Cotto (imo)...and Guerrero is coming off a win against Bert

Clottey>Guerrero
            Ehhh I don't know. Guerrero would beat Clottey H2H in my opinion, and though Clottey had a really close and tough fight against Cotto, he hadn't officially actually won a fight in 2 years when Manny fought him. No one though Clottey had any shot to beat Manny either, it was a decent win for Manny against a Top WW, nothing more or less.

Guerrero is at least coming off a string off decent wins over Top 10 WW's and isn't going to just stand in the ring like a human punching bag all night. But it's about the same level.

Comment

If it's not Pacquiao or Martinez then i'm not too interested.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                no mention of cuenca 43-0 or spadafora 46-0. still ducking i see.
                Cuenca is overrated, Spaddy is worthy... 46 and 0 beeotches.!

Comment

Originally posted by $ j-210 $ View Post

Clottey>Guerrero
                  4CORNERS is a Floyd fan boy. He's going to keep repeating it over and over. Cotto/young Zab couldn't beat Clottey, but guererro can.....SMH.

Comment

what's the rush? why not just wait another week for the pac-jmm results? not like any of those other guys wont still be there waiting on his decision.

anyways, guerrero is a good enough opponent if no pac (if he beats jmm). cotto would be pointless. Canelo is big money but he doesn't deserve it just yet imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                      It was hyped until Judah lost to Baldomir. Judah was still a Top 5 WW, but it lost hype when Baldomir upset him. At least Floyd-Baldomir was against the RING champ and a guy coming off a really big win.

I was more pumped for Floyd-Ortiz or Floyd-Baldomir than I would be for Floyd-Guerrero right now. Like I said, a solid win over a Top WW, but it doesn't do anything for him. It's like Pac-Clottey, a decent win for him.

Now if Guerrero were to get another win over a Bradley, Matthysse, Alexander, than I'd be really pumped for it.
                      It was still real hyped even off that loss, if we are comparing the Baldomir and Judah fights from everything I saw the Judah fight was much more hyped.

As for a fight with Guerrero, none of those wins would make Guerrero a better fighter or really change what would happen on fight night so I don't get why that would change your view of the fight. The fight is what it is and Guerrero is a top guy, it is acceptable and it should be entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                      X