No announcement yet.

Hatton will be Mayweather's toughest challenge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
    If we're taking into consideration the quality of the opponent, then yes,easy.

Im sure floyd beat the **** out of some bums when he turned pro, those dont really count as masterful performances though.
    Ahh, I see. That's a likely possibility as well, and seems to be the majority opinion. I just see the fight being a little closer than most do. Win, lose, or draw either Mayweather or Hatton deserve "Fighter of the Year" for taking on another in their prime, undefeated titleholder IMO.

Comment

Mayweather takes every fighter and fighter serouisly wheather it is Oscar at 154 or Hatton at 147 or even Brusselles at 140.

THat is way he looks impressive and you rarely seem him fight badly or look bad

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Ahh, I see. That's a likely possibility as well, and seems to be the majority opinion. I just see the fight being a little closer than most do. Win, lose, or draw either Mayweather or Hatton deserve "Fighter of the Year" for taking on another in their prime, undefeated titleholder IMO.
        The winner should easily get it... I don't see how people would find anything else more impressive.

Beating De La Hoya/Hatton is certainly better than Judah/Mosley in my opinion.

Mayweather/a bum (but instead he beat a big name in Castillo) is better than anything else out there, so I'm not sure why anyone else would get the honors if Hatton wins.

EDIT: God I love your avatar Bringer, that left hook looks like it should have literally killed Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          The winner should easily get it... I don't see how people would find anything else more impressive.

Beating De La Hoya/Hatton is certainly better than Judah/Mosley in my opinion.

Mayweather/a bum (but instead he beat a big name in Castillo) is better than anything else out there, so I'm not sure why anyone else would get the honors if Hatton wins.

EDIT: God I love your avatar Bringer, that left hook looks like it should have literally killed Ali.
          I'm sure if the award doesn't go to Cotto, the public opinion will. He has a loyal following, but beating Judah and Mosley(if he does) doesn't compare to Mayweather beating Oscar and Ricky. Same goes if by some stroke of luck Hatton wins, KO'ing the previously never knocked out Castillo and beating the best in the world today deserves the award.

Floyd definitely deserves it, he's done a lot this year and if he beats Hatton that should cement it.

Thanks man, I owe Hyperion for making it for me. I grew up in Philly, that's why I selected Philly fighters. Frazier's lefthook was a monster, and he was my hero growing up. Still is in many regards. That left hook wa Joe's vindication for all the horrible **** Ali had said about him before the fight. It's always as sweet to watch it in my avatar as it was the first time I saw it on tape.

Comment

I'm out for the night. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves. I'll pop on quickly tomorrow morning before I leave for a couple days to Charlotte, NC.

Comment

i think hatton will be one of floyds easiest fights

Comment

Bank on it.

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post

I'm still picking the "Pretty Boy" to win a unanimous decision, but there is a possibility Hatton could pull an upset. Anything can happen in boxing, and I just wanted to go on record saying that win, lose or draw, I think Ricky Hatton will no doubt be Mayweather's toughest fight to date.

Please feel free to share your thoughts on anything I have said here, agree or disagree.
                The next straight punch Ricky Hatton throws will be his first one.

Even if you look at the "highlight" video that this fan made, Ricky is very open for anything up the middle. What is Floyd known for? Lead right hands, crisp counterpunching and defense.

Two years ago, Hatton's team declined the Mayweather fight because he knew that the FMJ style was all wrong for them. What about Hatton's style has improved vastly in the past two years? What about Floyd's style has eroded in the past two years? In fact, the singular advantage that Ricky had (size/strength) has dissipated. Mayweather has spent the past two years sparring and fighting legitimate JMW/MW/SMW's. Baldomir. Delahoya.Kofi Jantuah. Daniel Edouard. FMJ will toy with Ricky in the ring. Hatton is a good fighter. But Floyd's style and ability is ALL wrong for him.

FMJ will take two rounds or so to adjust to Hatton's style. PBF won't be muscled by RH. By rounds 3 or 4, he will be hitting RH pretty consistently coming in. With hard counters & uppercuts. Hatton will start to swell/cut by round 4/5. Around 6/7, the outcome becomes clear because RH can't fight his fight. He can't get inside, and he can't maul Floyd. Hatton is banking on being the stronger man. And he isn't. Rounds 8/9 are very ugly as PBF is teeing off almost at will. Perhaps the Mancurian hits the canvas. Hatton quits on his stool or corner throws in the towel around 8/9/10.

This fight will be closer to the Gatti fight than to the ODLH fight. Ricky won't see the bell for the 11th round. Not only am I willing to wager (cash, not points) that Floyd will beat Ricky, I am willing to wager that Floyd will STOP Ricky.

This fight will not be close.

Comment

Originally posted by DIOS DOMINICANO View Post
                  The next straight punch Ricky Hatton throws will be his first one.

Even if you look at the "highlight" video that this fan made, Ricky is very open for anything up the middle. What is Floyd known for? Lead right hands, crisp counterpunching and defense.

Two years ago, Hatton's team declined the Mayweather fight because he knew that the FMJ style was all wrong for them. What about Hatton's style has improved vastly in the past two years? What about Floyd's style has eroded in the past two years? In fact, the singular advantage that Ricky had (size/strength) has dissipated. Mayweather has spent the past two years sparring and fighting legitimate JMW/MW/SMW's. Baldomir. Delahoya.Kofi Jantuah. Daniel Edouard. FMJ will toy with Ricky in the ring. Hatton is a good fighter. But Floyd's style and ability is ALL wrong for him.

FMJ will take two rounds or so to adjust to Hatton's style. PBF won't be muscled by RH. By rounds 3 or 4, he will be hitting RH pretty consistently coming in. With hard counters & uppercuts. Hatton will start to swell/cut by round 4/5. Around 6/7, the outcome becomes clear because RH can't fight his fight. He can't get inside, and he can't maul Floyd. Hatton is banking on being the stronger man. And he isn't. Rounds 8/9 are very ugly as PBF is teeing off almost at will. Perhaps the Mancurian hits the canvas. Hatton quits on his stool or corner throws in the towel around 8/9/10.

This fight will be closer to the Gatti fight than to the ODLH fight. Ricky won't see the bell for the 11th round. Not only am I willing to wager (cash, not points) that Floyd will beat Ricky, I am willing to wager that Floyd will STOP Ricky.

This fight will not be close.
                  You offer some solid insight of your own, and I agree with every you've said for the most part. I can see Hatton's eyes start swelling up later in the fight but I can't see Mayweather getting a TKO unles he swells Ricky's eyes like Mosley did to Vargas. I also can't see Hatton just giving up on his own, if the fight ends up stopped I don't think it will be his doing.

Do you believe that whoever wins this fight deserves the "Fighter of the Year" award, like me and Dwiens. Or do you think it will be so one sided that giving Mayweather the award wouldn't be possible?

Comment

Dios Dominicano,
                    I will bet you $200 that Hatton will not be stopped by Mayweather.
                    If he is is stopped I'll send you the money..if not , you send it me...
                    Simple...

Comment

Originally posted by mick66 View Post
                      Dios Dominicano,
                      I will bet you $200 that Hatton will not be stopped by Mayweather.
                      If he is is stopped I'll send you the money..if not , you send it me...
                      Simple...
                      this will be one of floyds easiest fights we all know what hatton is going to do and so dose floyd . hold and hold and hold and hold and hold and hold and hold and hold and holds and hold and hold and hold and and hold. floyd will pick him apart it will be kinda sad but i hat to see hatton fight he holds 2 damn much instead of boxing. he beat 45 bumbs or guys past their primes. this fight will be funny

Comment

Working...
                      X