Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hughie Fury On Verge of Losing Parker Shot, Must Sign Contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    So why waste everyone time with the purse bid? Am sure the sanctioning body would be or should be one of the people to consult. The sanctioning body would then not need to sanction a purse bid or not worried about a contract not been signed after a purse bid has been sorted out.
    Trying to delay the fight until he is in fact eligible to fight, then he can sign. If they sign and he fights whilst banned he's sued, if they sign and he don't fight he's sued. Dude can't sign a legally binding agreement when he is unable to compete, they'll lose everything they stand to make !

If Fury comes out and says I can't fight everyone knows he's been doping and his ranking is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Ban for what? Was he too caught with something?
      Nandrolone, both Fury's. Fury's cocaine test is completely separate, I suspect he took the cocaine intentionally to use the medically unfit card to face Klitschko when he was in fact uncle to compete due to a positive PED test, with medical grounds he can use that in court to defend himself for breach of contract versus Klitscho when the truth is he was suspended for PED's giving Klitschko reason to sue him in court.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        If Fury comes out and says I can't fight everyone knows he's been doping and his ranking is gone.
        They could have just continued to blame his acne. Entering these negotiations seems needlessly risky if he is indeed serving a ban

Comment

Hughie knows he's not ready and really don't want that work!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
            They could have just continued to blame his acne. Entering these negotiations seems needlessly risky if he is indeed serving a ban
            Did they ask the WBO to pick them after Haye relinquished his top spot, this caught them as of guard as it as you and I. They can't exactly come out and say 'no thanks we're not seeking a fight right now'

Comment

Originally posted by r1onnie2 View Post
              Hughie knows he's not ready and really don't want that work!
              The Fury's have never been here for the long term glory just the biggest fastest money, hence the reason Fury signed the biggest contract against Klitschko with no regard to rematch clauses in the event he did in fact win, truth is they never expected to win hence the reason he doped as he knew he wouldn't be fighting again after he cashed out only he lucked in as Klitschko was an absolute shadow of himself and barely competitive.

Hughie will be desperate for the money on offer only he can not compete, it matters little whether is father is present or not, he has the opportunity to face one of only two heavyweight boxers doing ppv, this is the fight they want.

Hearn called these guys bluff by offering Hughie Acne the Joshua fight when he knew he was suspended. Hearn's a troll, a funny one though.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Fury did a large spell in prison for a violent crime, as such he has to go through special process to gain entry into NZ. if he doesnt get it, then hughie goes there without his trainer and cornerman.
                ?
                I think it was Tyson Fury's dad John that was in jail for the violent crime.

Peter Fury was a huge drugs baron in the north west of England, which is why he served 12 years and he even continued to control it from behind bars. He still must have plenty of money and things stashed away from those days. He owns properties all over europe and drives around in McLaren's, and that's not all come from training fighters...

So yeah, given his record especially for running a drug empire, he will likely be refused.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderer21 View Post
                  Don't comment unless you have done your homework, NZ has some of the strictest immigration rules in the World, Mike Tyson did a world speaking tour... Was not allowed to enter NZ though, there are multiple instances of how immigration NZ have not allowed known felons to enter the country.
                  Dave Higgins of Duco Events the promoters of Parker have been trying to get a pre approval visa for Peter (I don't know the current status of this application) I can only assume that Hughie is delaying signing until the application has been approved.
                  You are not going to go into the most important fight of your life without the person who has been there throughout your whole career, in Hughies case his whole life
                  What part of my comment was incorrect. Go to almost any country and there are restrictions on people who have been in jail. Its a question on your arrival form FFS, in almost every single country.

Comment

What the hell is Fury doing?! As if he is making $1.2m for that fight can I jump in? Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
                      Trying to delay the fight until he is in fact eligible to fight, then he can sign. If they sign and he fights whilst banned he's sued, if they sign and he don't fight he's sued. Dude can't sign a legally binding agreement when he is unable to compete, they'll lose everything they stand to make !

This is a great summary of the situation. Effectively, Hughie's short-term enemy is time, because he's facing deadlines that he's unable to reach, without putting himself and his team at great risk of getting the **** sued out of them.

The deck of cards that the Fury camp have built is coming crumbling down. They went from Hughie being a real up-and-comer, and Tyson taking the title off the man who ruled the division with an iron fist for years - to both fighters doping, getting gagged by UKAD, unable to get the patriarch into the country for Hughie's title shot, and Tyson sitting on the sidelines with zero intention of coming back to fight, and pissing away his talent and current earnings.

The sooner both of these two feral mutts are relegated to history, the better. Boxing is better off without the cancer that is the Fury family.

At least, with them gone, fighters like Parker can get on with fighting people who are A. Going to turn up, and B. Less likely to be juiced to the gills.

Comment

Working...
                      X