Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Kovalev vs. Ward, Pacquiao, Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Kovalev vs. Ward, Pacquiao, Mayweather

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen 'Breadman' Edwards discussing the huge fight which takes place later tonight, between IBF/WBA/WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev and Olympic gold medal winner Andre Ward, giving his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"The one thing about Manny that does bother me is one that you didn’t bring up. He was NOT an advocate for extra testing until after Marquez kod him. I think that makes Manny hypocritical and should be talked about more. You can’t argue with times and dates in this. It’s not speculation or opinion. Until Manny was kod by a fighter who was suspected of PED use he didn’t take enough interest in VADA testing. As much as I respect Manny and his accomplishments I can’t give him a pass on that. As a public figure and politician he made a self serving move and he should have handled the testing better. That being said I still won’t go on a witch hunt and discredit his accomplishments. He was a HOF in my opinion before he ever moved to lightweight." - Breadman

Well said my brother!
    Last edited by Bronx2245; 11-19-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      "The one thing about Manny that does bother me is one that you didn’t bring up. He was NOT an advocate for extra testing until after Marquez kod him. I think that makes Manny hypocritical and should be talked about more. You can’t argue with times and dates in this. It’s not speculation or opinion. Until Manny was kod by a fighter who was suspected of PED use he didn’t take enough interest in VADA testing. As much as I respect Manny and his accomplishments I can’t give him a pass on that. As a public figure and politician he made a self serving move and he should have handled the testing better. That being said I still won’t go on a witch hunt and discredit his accomplishments. He was a HOF in my opinion before he ever moved to lightweight."

Well said my brother!
      You have a good point. He wasn't an advocate of testing, until he got knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
        You have a good point. He wasn't an advocate of testing, until he got knocked out.
        I can't take credit for that statement, that was a direct quote from "Breadman."

Comment

Good mailbag. It's funny because I usually agree with Bread around 90% of the time, the difference is I actually feel like the Breadman is almost always spot on in assessing Manny.

Comment

Excellent stuff, as usual. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen 'Breadman' Edwards discussing the huge fight which takes place later tonight, between IBF/WBA/WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev and Olympic gold medal winner Andre Ward, giving his thoughts on Manny Pacquiao, and more.
              [Click Here To Read More]

if bread doesn't think 1200+ punches that Pacquiao threw against Clottey was suspicious..... then he is protecting him

bread, name 1 other fighter EVER, who leaped through 3 divisions in 9 months DOUBLING his punch output

people see what they want to see, and bread is no different

Comment

Working...
              X