No announcement yet.

Bradley/Pacquiao 3: Controversy Creates Cash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley/Pacquiao 3: Controversy Creates Cash

It amazes me how many people are so up in arms about this fight. Seriously. It's like people haven't even watched Manny Pacquiao's career. It was BUILT on rematches. By my count he's...what...almost 20% of his fights were part of trilogies?

3 fights with Morales
    2 fights with Barrera
    4 (!) fights with Marquez
    2 soon to be 3 fights with Bradley

Blame Bob Arum for that.

But what really gets me is the reason people are upset. "Pac already beat him twice!"

Lest we forget history:

Barrera was STOPPED in the first fight - yet got a second fight anyway. We're not talking any controversy, any judging whatever, he got STOPPED. Why'd he deserve a rematch?

Morales schooled Pacquiao in the first fight, got TKO'd in the rematch. So now it's a rubber match, and PEDquiao kicked in and KO'd him. Why was that okay yet when Bradley gets a CLOSE SD in the first, a CLOSE UD in the second, he's not entitled to a rubber match?

When Pacquiao was gearing up to a fourth fight against Marquez it was fresh off a disputed draw, a disputed mixed, and disputed split. But people were up in arms that Manny was fighting Marquez "again" after Marquez "already beat him twice". Yet the fourth fight is what defined that feud. In truth, that knockout is all you think of when you recall Manny's highlights: is him laying face down on the mat, Roy Jones saying "HE'S NOT GETTING UP JIM!", numerous memes on the net with Lion King and Michael Jackson, Stephen A. Smith singing "Love TKO", etc. We NEEDED that fourth fight. It helped "The Business".

Atlas and Roach are going to create epic television and marketing.

But let's be fair: seems to me an easy way to trigger ticket sales for this fight, is to simply call up CJ Ross and have her as one of the judges for the rubber match. That way, it's an unpredictable outcome. Just one more fight for the grizzled veteran of the sweet science.

350k buys, tops.

Comment

Originally posted by moonboxer86 View Post
      350k buys, tops.
      And if it exceeds that? Is that because Bradley IS a draw? Or is it because people are paying to see Manny lose? Because I can't imagine people paying to see Manny beat someone who according to so many isn't even in Manny's class.

Comment

Working...
      X