No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko may be fighting Manuel Charr on September 8

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Klitschko may be fighting Manuel Charr on September 8

German and Russian websites are reporting that Manuel Charr is getting closer to finalizing a fight with Vitali Klitschko on Sept 1.

http://www.figosport.de/profiboxen/1...september.html

Charr (21-0, age 27) is ranked #11 by the WBO. This would be Vitali's farewell fight. He'll turn 41 in July and has looked somewhat faded (but still very good) in recent fights.

A few others (Wach, Pulev) might make for a more competitive fight, considering Vitali's age Charr is an acceptable opponent. And the poll results on German websites (for example, check the above link) indicate most fans over there want to see Charr-Vitali. And let's be honest here, no matter WHO Vitali fights, some people who don't like him will criticize him for it.

It will be interesting to see who the WBC will have fight for the vacant HW title after Vitali retires.
    Last edited by The Hammer; 06-05-2012, 12:28 PM.

It's a bitter-sweet farewell fight for fans. It's sad to see Vitali hang 'em but at the same time it's what's best for Vitali and it's good to end your career on a win.

I hope brother Wladimir stays fighting for at least another 4 years....

Comment

I've always been a huge fan of Vitali but if he decides to really accept Charr as his possible last opponent I'll be disappointed with him. Anyone on the list which of possible opponents would've been better than him (Boytsov, Wach, even Huck would be a better namen than Charr). If this fight really takes place I can only hope Vitali won't win the elections in October and we'll get to see one more, better opponent for him.

Comment

How is Charr as an opponent, objectively?

He seems to have flown under the radar.

Comment

When Vitali retires the WBC will most likely have Chris Arreola fight for the vacant belt because the WBC favors Mexican fighters. Look what they did to Tim Bradley, Sergio Martinez and they wanted to also strip Andre Ward all in favor of Mexican fighters. No disrespect but most fighters rated by the WBC don't deserve where they are cuz the WBC just hands out belts to whomever they favor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rpgboxen View Post
            When Vitali retires the WBC will most likely have Chris Arreola fight for the vacant belt because the WBC favors Mexican fighters. Look what they did to Tim Bradley, Sergio Martinez and they wanted to also strip Andre Ward all in favor of Mexican fighters. No disrespect but most fighters rated by the WBC don't deserve where they are cuz the WBC just hands out belts to whomever they favor.
            Same for all belts

But they did strip Ward but are having him fight Dawson to get his belt back

What BS

Comment

Another garbage fight.

Comment

Wiping out the next generation before it even matures; Vitali Klitschko is.... The Terminator.

Comment

Vitali is one of the greatest fighers of all time. One of the best ive ever seen. Now Wlad can grab the WBC and add it to his collection of belts

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
                    Vitali is one of the greatest fighers of all time. One of the best ive ever seen. Now Wlad can grab the WBC and add it to his collection of belts
                    I agree with this

Comment

Working...
                    X