Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has the greater legacy? Marco Antonio Barrera or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think of Barrera as a legend. JMM, eh... Outside of Pac, he didn't do much that was memorable.
    I'll remember JMM as a guy that constantly bytched and moaned. But, when I think of Barrera I think of a blood and guts warrior.

Comment

Marquez clearly. Both are great fighters but in addition to Marquez being the better overall fighter he had the better resume.

Barrera had a couple of excellent runs and got a series with Morales and the excellent Hamed win but he also had dominant losses to Junior Jones and Pacquaio and we've all seen what Marquez did with Pacquaio. Marquez also had more longevity, a head-to-head victory and was a unified champion in more divisions. His run above 126 in his mid 30's creates distance. Barrera, Juarez, Casamayor, Diaz, Katsidis and Pacquaio series.

I've noticed a lot of Pacquaio fanboys will say Barrera but most fans would say Marquez. For example ask Chavez who he'd consider better and it's clearly Marquez.

Comment

Really cant go wrong with either but Marquez because of his style probs for Manny will go down as higher ranked I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Marquez clearly. Both are great fighters but in addition to Marquez being the better overall fighter he had the better resume.

Barrera had a couple of excellent runs and got a series with Morales and the excellent Hamed win but he also had dominant losses to Junior Jones and Pacquaio and we've all seen what Marquez did with Pacquaio. Marquez also had more longevity, a head-to-head victory and was a unified champion in more divisions. His run above 126 in his mid 30's creates distance. Barrera, Juarez, Casamayor, Diaz, Katsidis and Pacquaio series.

I've noticed a lot of Pacquaio fanboys will say Barrera but most fans would say Marquez. For example ask Chavez who he'd consider better and it's clearly Marquez.
          Cant argue with post(look up one spot)but Marquez was closer to prime when they fought eachother and still was close fight.Both ATG and future HOFers.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Barrera, at least he fought clean. His trilogy with Morales was one of the best. Dominated Hamed.
            Barrera was a dirty fighter with his style.

Comment

It's Barrera. Remove the Pac fights from Marquez and all you have is a load of not very good fighters. Hell, he even lost to some of them too.

Comment

Marquez for me but probably some favoritism there

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Not even close? Yo uare Joking Right? Erik Morales (Prime x2), Paulie Ayala, Johnny Tapia, Agapito Sanchez, and how many more in his resume and that's what you call, not even close? The only thing Marquez has on Barrera is the Pacquiao win and the only thing Morales has on Barrera is the Pacquiao win.
                  Marquez has Pacquiao, Barrera, Salido, & Casamayor along with some other rugged dudes as I know Barrera did but Marquez never quit. Barrera pulled a quit job against Junior Freaken Jones and Pacquiao...

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Barrera was a dirty fighter with his style.
                    Hed get all pissy and start fighting dirty. Never cared for Barrera, always a Morales and Marquez fan.

Comment

Underrated win!!!

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                      X