Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    Rigo is an elite level fighter! He moved up 2 weight classes at 37! Not a good look! Don't be disrespectful!
    Elite fighter my ass. He beat one guy. One guy years ago. Refused to budge to make any fights and then got smashed and gave up. Its not being disrespectful, its being truthful. Rigo is not what people thought he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
      Butch Could you imagine the rivalries with Canelo in Texas if he beat Jermall, He could then fight Jermell, Spence, Hurd and Munguia. Wow you talk about big fights. Ofcourse they wouldnt bring him the money GGG does, but man he would get some real cred from me.
      Change that to David, Munguia and Spike and maybe Spence, and you have the menu set for at least the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Real boxer View Post
        Elite fighter my ass. He beat one guy. One guy years ago. Refused to budge to make any fights and then got smashed and gave up. Its not being disrespectful, its being truthful. Rigo is not what people thought he was.
        I think he's elite at least in the skills department. He doesn't have the heart perhaps. It is fairly true Rigo was avoided at his weight by Santa Cruz, Frampton, Mares etc; he did avoid Loma at 126 because he wanted the world to come to 122 and he took the fight at 130 because he's running out of time and options.

Loma was a terrible style match for him though. Loma is more skilled, far more versatile, faster and has more desire and throws accurate punches in bunches. Hence when they fought Loma was bigger yes but he didn't use his size. He simply methodically outclassed him and was either setting him up for the KO or shutout and Rigo knew that. Loma had size to fall back on if Rigo's skills would have presented a problem but he didn't need it.

I'd consider Rigo's talent and skill elite but his career is a forgettable one for the most part which is a shame because he's a 2x Olympic champion and did dethrone Donaire when he was on top and unify his division.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
          Idk, they have AT&T Stadium and I'm pretty sure Canelo would clear 1M ppv buys against all of those guys.

I actually think if he became a "Texas" fighter he'd make much more money.

I could see each one of those fights clearing in 60k attendance. He did 50k there with Liam Smith lol
          The problem is that NONE of those fighters can sell more than 100 to 150k PPV's, 1 Million buys isn't realistic.

More over, if any of them demand a guarantee Canelo walks and the WBC won't blink an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            “The only conversation I had was with Robert,” Arum said. “I said, ‘Tell your brother to shut the ***** up. Lomachenko is fighting Pedraza in December. And if he wins, I promise you I’ll sit down with Mikey right after that fight and try to make a fight with Loma.’ That’s the best I can do. I’m not gonna sit [down with him] now and make the fight, when [Lomachenko] has a fight coming up. - Bob Arum

Yeah, I don't know if that's how you get it done? If Mikey really doesn't have the support of his family for Spence, then he should call Floyd, and see if he can get a fight with Tank Davis @ 135, even if that means vacating the IBF belt! It's not a PPV fight, but it would do well, and it would be awesome as an undercard fight if Mayweather vs. Pac 2 is real!
            Mikey was never going to fight Spence. In last months he said ge would fight Crawford, Spence, Manny, winner of Porter/Garcia etc. Let's see if he fights one of them.

Comment

I love Mikey but he might get embarrassed chasing his tail against Loma.

Comment

Arum is saying Pedraza just a tune up fight !poor Pedraza they using you for LOMA

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  He means it will be 50-50, just no guaranteed giant sum. It would be PPV
                  Loma is the best money deal Mickey can make, better than Spence but if Mikey pushes for a 5mil guarantee plus % the deal is dead. I don't believe there is enough to pay that kind of money.

Comment

Mickey beat Loma ! Mickey is a better fighter!

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                      The problem is that NONE of those fighters can sell more than 100 to 150k PPV's, 1 Million buys isn't realistic.

More over, if any of them demand a guarantee Canelo walks and the WBC won't blink an eye.
                      Floyd was able to sell 1M buys with guys who couldn't even out 8k people in an arena. I think Canelo is at a place now where it doesn't matter who he fights. He'll clear 1M buys as long as the guy is a solid name and fans take it as a credible fight.

All those guys are really good names in comparison to guys like Robert Guerrero and Maidana.

Comment

Working...
                      X