Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone watched/watching Marco Polo on Netflicks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    You are thinking about a 2007 series with Brian Dennehy as Kublai Khan. Unfortunate casting I agree but if we can accept Idris Elba as a Norse god and a black Englishman as Hamlet (in London) then white actors can play non-white roles. It's called ACTING.
    Yea but there also a thing called miscast..

There is a reason why Idris Elba got turned down as The next James Bond. Only a white guy can be James bond.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      Yea but there also a thing called miscast..

There is a reason why Idris Elba got turned down as The next James Bond. Only a white guy can be James bond.
      I agree with miscasting but sometimes that doesn't come out until the movie is shown to audiences. For example Brian Dennehy is a proven great actor, so it probably looked like a good idea at the time, but he sure looked bad on film.

What about Alex Guinness in Lawrence of Arabia? Fantastic actor portraying a Saudi King, complete with blue eyes?

I don't know about Idris/James Bond. Let's say only 2% of Britain's spies are non-white...wouldn't that just be political correctness to place him in that role, and wouldn't that make it a miscast role?

I don't have the answers to these questions, I'm just asking them.

Comment

Marco Polo was great, sucks no more seasons

Been watching the Last Kingdom n its awesome i highly recommend it

Comment

yeah I watched seaosn one last year been meaning to watch season 2 watche3d a few episode of season 2

Comment

Working...
          X