No announcement yet.

Woodley: Khabib, McGregor ‘looked like old men at the nursing home fighting’

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Told you lot. Woodley not worth talking about. Hopefully I can stop seeing things about what this man talks about. He's not that good.

Usman looks like a mini Jon Jones though.
    1) I pretty much agree

2) Woodley's fight w/ Till was legit - though, Till is still a prospect and cutting WAY TOO MUCH weight. That fight would go very, very differently at 185.

3) Woodley is the best "survivor" I've ever seen in MMA. Not championship material. But a great spoiler, and a master at not getting beat.

4) What are the over/under on Usman pissing hot? He definitely stole Colby's thunder last night. I dunno how Colby would have taken Woodley's punches, or if he could have launched the offense Usman had standing. But before last night, Usman was looking like a Poorman's Covington.

Definitely suspicious.

Here's hoping Thompson FINALLY gets his belt.

Comment

If Conor wrestled people to 3 round UDs while behaving like he did. He wouldnt draw schit. Casuals and the odd spectator dont want to see Jon Fitch. They want to see stunning knockouts of Jose Aldo.
      Thats not true. Prime GSP was boring as f#ck with that wrestlef#cking lay & pray style, but is still among the most popular UFC guys & I think he's still the #1 guy in PPV buys for MMA despite the recent PPV success of Conor & Ronda.

Comment

This did not age well at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
          1) I pretty much agree

2) Woodley's fight w/ Till was legit - though, Till is still a prospect and cutting WAY TOO MUCH weight. That fight would go very, very differently at 185.

3) Woodley is the best "survivor" I've ever seen in MMA. Not championship material. But a great spoiler, and a master at not getting beat.

4) What are the over/under on Usman pissing hot? He definitely stole Colby's thunder last night. I dunno how Colby would have taken Woodley's punches, or if he could have launched the offense Usman had standing. But before last night, Usman was looking like a Poorman's Covington.

Definitely suspicious.

Here's hoping Thompson FINALLY gets his belt.
          To address your points;

2) Darren Till is vastly overrated, and I'm not just saying that in hindsight. MMA fans fall for hype like no others, complete morons. Tell me how anything Till does is exceptional? I'll wait. I asked those question when he first came onto the scene. Yay, he brutalised an old Cowboy who should be at LW and who can't take forward pressure. Amazing!!!!! /s another overrated overhyped fighter from the fuccing UK. Those guys never learn....

3) True, Woodley just has that X factor about him and I saw that ages ago before the hyped up Wonderboy came along (FWIW, Wonderboy is a great striker and great win for Woodley's record). Did not expect him to get steamrolled so easily, he relies too much on that 1 punch KO but Usman's pressure is too much.

4) would not be surprised at all if he pisses hot, was wondering if anyone else would suggest that.

Usman vs Colby next, Usman seems to be just a better version of Colby, and Colby is pretty damn good (wrestling, cardio)

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo View Post
            This did not age well at all.
            ahhhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Arum 69 View Post
              To address your points;

2) Darren Till is vastly overrated, and I'm not just saying that in hindsight.... Tell me how anything Till does is exceptional
              He comes into the cage about 30 pounds heavier than he stood on the scale the night before.

Otherwise, nothing. But I don't ever recall anyone, ever, placing the words "Darren Till' and "exceptional" in the same sentence. I dorecall people being furious about the robbery against Thompson.

Till IS dangerous, though. That means a lot in MMA look at Derrick Lewis. And Till showed an appreciation for strategy against Thompson.

Originally posted by Bob Arum 69 View Post

3) True, Woodley just has that X factor about him and I saw that ages ago before the hyped up Wonderboy came along (FWIW, Wonderboy is a great striker and great win for Woodley's record). Did not expect him to get steamrolled so easily, he relies too much on that 1 punch KO but Usman's pressure is too much.

Woodley lost both those fights. he made them scary, but he mostly spent both bouts just refusing to fight. And when it looked like he might be able to steal the win he gave up/gassed out.

there's no "hype" about wonderboy. he is that good. he's just not considered marketable by the ufc.

Comment

So what would big mouth Woodley say about his own crappy fight now?

Comment

Told you lot. Woodley not worth talking about. Hopefully I can stop seeing things about what this man talks about. He's not that good.

Usman looks like a mini Jon Jones though.
                  Lol huh? Usmans stand up isn't even in the same stratosphere as jones, kamaru heavily relies on chain wrestling and Jon rarely does at all. Usman is an absolute beast though

Realised you might be talking about their physique's which I can see

Comment

And bad look for woodley.. I couldn't believe what I saw from him

Comment

Originally posted by Johnston View Post
                      And bad look for woodley.. I couldn't believe what I saw from him
                      Fighters age fast in MMA. There's also the issue of focus. A lot of times it's the more focused fighters who wins. Tyrone had never looked that bad, and the other dude never looked so good.
                      Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 03-17-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X