No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Chisora cancelled?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
    Chisora said he went to congratulate him for his performance vs AJ, I don't buy it man.

I'm not saying Chisora is earning a percentage or a significant sum, I do however believe Hearn is paying these guys extra to sell the event.

Like you said 'maybe even more now' these guys are carrying this event, the pre sales must have been poor and Hearn is paying these guys extra to drum up interest, the talk of the fight being off today will peak interest online and the papers tomorrow for the ones who ain't even aware who these guys are. It'll definitely do better now.

Are you watching the fights ? I had no interest in this card whatsoever but I'll admit I'm slightly curious now, I do believe Whyte vs Chisora will inevitably suck though, the whole card should be called 'Anti Climax'.
    Yeah but he was talking trash about Whyte before the fight and got chased out of the dressing room as he tried to come in. Chisora can be a little soft sometimes, Whyte is not a punk in any situation.

They've had serious beef ever since Whyte stepped into Finchley some years ago before he was even pro.

I'm sure Hearn wants them to get into it, but I doubt he'd want them to roll around on the floor etc. That stuff can cancel a fight and end in suspensions.

Oh yeah, of course I'm watching the fights. There are a few good ones on there. Yafai vs Concepcion is a great fight, Burton vs Buglioni is another really good fight. Chisora vs Whyte obviously, I'm always watching Joshua of course.

On top of that we've got Callum Smith, Scott Quigg and Katie Taylor who I'm quite excited about.

There's also a guy called marcus morrison that I'm really excited about.

So yeah, solid card with a few good fights and some interesting stuff. no barn burners, but a good night of boxing.

But I'm streaming as I always am.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Yea, they've been beefing for years but, tables only get thrown when the cameras are on. It's obviously contrived, even if there is a vein of underlying tension. I don't even mind that stuff, I'm just blown away that people here think it's organic.

Anyway, I actually posted to say at the avi.
      \m/ \m/
      I read they'd sparred and didn't get along but does Whyte get along with anybody, the guy is a moron albeit a rich one now. Chisora has grown on me over the years only through the beatings he's sustained you kinda end up feeling sorry for him, he's a tough guy his fights are always ugly though I don't really appreciate that aspect of boxing. In the Pulev fight he landed maybe two punches the whole fight of note in the ninth at one point he looked devoid of any ideas or game plan, just a carcass of his former self.

I was searching for a cool Ritchie avatar but come across the this one with Dio too, just bought tickets for June next year, have you checked out the Rainbow performances from this year with Ronnie Romero ? Just bought Guns n Roses tickets on Monday too literally blown my entire Christmas budget for the kids on rock tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Yeah but he was talking trash about Whyte before the fight and got chased out of the dressing room as he tried to come in. Chisora can be a little soft sometimes, Whyte is not a punk in any situation.

They've had serious beef ever since Whyte stepped into Finchley some years ago before he was even pro.

I'm sure Hearn wants them to get into it, but I doubt he'd want them to roll around on the floor etc. That stuff can cancel a fight and end in suspensions.

Oh yeah, of course I'm watching the fights. There are a few good ones on there. Yafai vs Concepcion is a great fight, Burton vs Buglioni is another really good fight. Chisora vs Whyte obviously, I'm always watching Joshua of course.

On top of that we've got Callum Smith, Scott Quigg and Katie Taylor who I'm quite excited about.

So yeah, solid card with a few good fights and some interesting stuff. no barn burners, but a good night of boxing.

Isn't their like only one competitive fight the entire card ? It's like a GGG fight and a K2 card, Hearn serves up some shyt and I'm not sold. These are some great boxers on the card but honestly who are they fighting ? I can't get excited for mismatches, certainly not an entire card of them.

I am however looking forward to Smith being mandated to DeGale or Jack I believe he is the one to watch st 168. I have a feeling GGG vs DeGale happens first, if that fight happens Smith is the first man to beat GGG. We'll see anything can happen at this stage though if Jack wins aint gonna be no ppv for GGG or DeGale.

Chisora says he walked out the dressing room ! Dude didnt look scared when throwing water and tables at Whyte. I think their is a lot of cheese being added to some of these stories.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
          The only evenly matched fight on the card in jeopardy!!
          I'll be damned if this fight was off..
          Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          well best fight of the night is gone yet the BBBoC wont stop mismatches? bs

anyway im at the fight so i dont care
          Concepcion vs. Yafai is for a world title - perhaps the best even fight on the card : new champion primed vs. undefeated world level contender.

Comment

hahahaha they will do and say anything to create interest for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
              I was searching for a cool Ritchie avatar but come across the this one with Dio too, just bought tickets for June next year, have you checked out the Rainbow performances from this year with Ronnie Romero ? Just bought Guns n Roses tickets on Monday too literally blown my entire Christmas budget for the kids on rock tickets.
              No, I haven't. I'll have to check that out.
              Ah, shows... All my musical heroes from different genres have been dying off since last year and I'm kicking myself for not catching more shows when I had the chance.

Comment

It is ON...like fat Pat's Thong!

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Just noticed you're in KL. I was living in Desa Park City for a while a few months ago. Awesome city.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    Concepcion vs. Yafai is for a world title - perhaps the best even fight on the card : new champion primed vs. undefeated world level contender.
                    Ohhh damn I forgot about kal. We starred back in the ams as teenagers and he hit from angles I didn't even know existed. I've touted him as afuture world champ forever but I haven't seen any of his recent fights.

If the yafai I know turns up, 100% fit, he'll beat Concepcion and look good doing it.

Comment

Working...
                    X