Martinez-Barker was fixed.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez-Barker was fixed.

51:45

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist but that right hook doesnt land. Sergio threw a bull**** 1-2 followed with a hook that clearly lands on Barkers glove. Look at Martinez' reaction, he knows Barker did a poor acting job.

I cant be the only one who thinks this was a fishy KO.

I don't think it was fixed, Barker was exhausted and took a beating in the final few rounds and that flurry ended up perforating his eardrum. Does appear to be semi blocked though.

I also think he was hurt from the final shot of the first flurry which looked like a temple shot.

Comment

Not a fix, more like Barker gave up on himself. It's similar to Thurman-Chaves in that sense.

"I can't be the only one that thinks this was a fishy KO"

To answer that, I watched it live and about everyone on here found it weird, so your not alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        Not a fix, more like Barker gave up on himself. It's similar to Thurman-Chaves in that sense.

"I can't be the only one that thinks this was a fishy KO"

To answer that, I watched it live and about everyone on here found it weird, so your not alone.
        I saw it live aswell, but i was watching some tape on barker and gaele this morning and cant get over how fake it looked.

I just feel like when ur on that stage in boxing, fighting for the middleweight championship of the world, you should be able to overcome the pain from a combo LIKE THAT.

Comment

Nope, not fixed. Am more incline to focus on the 10 previous round not just the 2 seconds where he landed the punch that knocked Barker out. Barker was exhausted and getting tagged by Martinez, on top of that it was difficult for him to hit Martinez which was frustrating for him. Barker is a stand up guy and he wouldn't do something like that, he got hit at the back of his ear and trust me that hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Nope, not fixed. Am more incline to focus on the 10 previous round not just the 2 seconds where he landed the punch that knocked Barker out. Barker was exhausted and getting tagged by Martinez, on top of that it was difficult for him to hit Martinez which was frustrating for him. Barker is a stand up guy and he wouldn't do something like that, he got hit at the back of his ear and trust me that hurts.
            i agree hes a stand up guy, i dont him or hearn are the type to take part in a fixed fight but man the right hook didnt even land it doesnt make sense.

Comment

Barker's not that sort of character. What I would say is that shots to the side of the head can have a bigger impact than they seem, it can affect their equilibrium and the perforated eardrum lends credence to that theory.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyWhitey View Post
                I saw it live aswell, but i was watching some tape on barker and gaele this morning and cant get over how fake it looked.

I just feel like when ur on that stage in boxing, fighting for the middleweight championship of the world, you should be able to overcome the pain from a combo LIKE THAT.
                That's likely because you've never been in a boxing ring. You clearly know nothing about Barker, what he's been through and his character. The idea that he faked anything is ridiculous and insulting.
                How many combos LIKE THAT or at all have you been on the receiving end of?
                What do you know?

Clearly you know nothing about Barker or taking punches, so you should learn more about both before making comments in future.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
                  That's likely because you've never been in a boxing ring. You clearly know nothing about Barker, what he's been through and his character. The idea that he faked anything is ridiculous and insulting.
                  How many combos LIKE THAT or at all have you been on the receiving end of?
                  What do you know?

Clearly you know nothing about Barker or taking punches, so you should learn more about both before making comments in future.
                  lmaooo ur silllly. ive been boxing/sparring since I was 11. id put my life on it ive taken more punches then u ever will. and this is exactly why I think it looked fishy, that was a weak punch with zero zip behind it. a real man stands up to that **** idgaf

Comment

it was either a dive or that man has a worse chin than seth michell(impossible)

Comment

Working...
                    X