Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua can beat Wilder. How does he avoid getting knocked out though?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua can beat Wilder. How does he avoid getting knocked out though?

Defensively, Joshua is no Fury. Can he win a kill or be killed fight against Wilder?

Hmmm...........

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Defensively, Joshua is no Fury. Can he win a kill or be killed fight against Wilder?

Hmmm...........
    Literally just avoid the right hand. Get on the inside ,and when Wilder winds up the windmill,rip his jaw off with a short left hook.

Comment

By not offering his chin like Breazeale did.

Breazeale dropped his guard and went for a slow, half assed, lead left body shot whilst Wilder was in perfect range for his right hand.

AJ aint that stupid or technically deficient. As for saying he's no Fury, defensively? You're right. He's better. Fury has been dropped and hit clean many times. AJ hasn't.

Comment

Wilder is much much faster than AJ.

Comment

I think the only way Joshua avoids the KO is if he turtles the entire fight or just happens to catch Wilder first.

I think Joshua is there to be hit for a guy like Wilder.

Comment

Joshua needs to smother him he won't out point him like he did against Parker

Comment

AJ is going to get tagged but Wilder will get hit too. Both of them can take a punch just like both of them can knock each other out if they land that money shot. I think AJ wins but Wilder has that big right hand so even if he's down on points he can find a way to land that perfect shot. Wilder will be dangerous throughout the entire fight no matter who he fights.

The fight needs to happen this year.

Comment

Joshua needs to check mate Wilder first. To best a guy with Wilder's power, you need to have a very strong mental game first and foremost, which Joshua does, hes extremely cool headed and I don't think he will be hesitant.

My fear for Joshua is that when he has speed in front of him, it seems to take a few rounds for his eyes to adjust to his opponents punches. Against Povetkin, Klitschko, Parker he got hit with a couple of sloppy shots early. Can't afford that with Wilder.

I think his game plan has to be to use his jab in round 1 and his feet to back out of range when Wilder throws. If he can get Wilder reaching, he can find a big left or right hook counter somewhere in the first 6 rounds.

Anyway I don't think either guy can live with the other defensively for 12 rounds.

Comment

One thing ill also say is Wilder hasn't fought many guys where there are consequences for missing big punches...with Joshua there will certainly be consequences

Comment

Brezeale the walking punch-bag caught and hurt Wilder. Wilder is very open when he thinks he has someone hurt, any technique he had goes out the window and his shots become very wide.

Could see Joshua catching him and putting him down if he comes in Wild like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X