No announcement yet.

After Dervychenko, no non-DAZN fighter will fight GGG for less than 5.5 mil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After Dervychenko, no non-DAZN fighter will fight GGG for less than 5.5 mil

Why would any non-DAZN fighter fight GGG for less than what Derevynchenko is getting? He'll, even Andrade a DAZN fighter and title holder is going to want more. Unless of course it's a Steve Rolls type opponent.

I'm talking legit opponents that drive some type of subs that justifies paying GGG $15 mil a fight.

These people at DAZN have no idea what they are doing.

GGG vs. The winner of Brant-Murata II. They're going to demand more with that secondary belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Why would any non-DAZN fighter fight GGG for less than what Derevynchenko is getting? He'll, even Andrade a DAZN fighter and title holder is going to want more. Unless of course it's a Steve Rolls type opponent.

I'm talking legit opponents that drive some type of subs that justifies paying GGG $15 mil a fight.

These people at DAZN have no idea what they are doing.
      Remember the thread you started about Pacquiao showed GGG how it was done and GGG wouldn't fight anybody with a pulse and would only fight Rolls type guys. Well you were wrong. He fights for a world title against the same guy your Mr Perfect Man Canelo was going to fight. But you can't admit you were wrong about GGG and say one good thing about this fight. You can't say great fight GGG. Way to go. Instead you come up with this BS. Can't you just look forward to and enjoy a war between GGG and Dervy? Why do you care if DAZN loses money or has to pay GGG's opponents at least 5.5 million? GGG fights Dervy in October and he won't fight again tell about June of 2020 so worry about this sht then.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        GGG vs. The winner of Brant-Murata II. They're going to demand more with that secondary belt.
        Brant-Murata III even. But you're right, it's like when the whole world knew what Jacobs got for the Canelo fight. Big money will be expected every time now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          Brant-Murata III even. But you're right, it's like when the whole world knew what Jacobs got for the Canelo fight. Big money will be expected every time now.....
          Canelo's two fights on DAZN have been with Hearn fighters. I'm sure Fielding didn't cost much. DAZN paid Jacobs his purse. He hasn't been able to make a fight with a non-DAZN affiliated fighter yet.

And with mandatory fights all a fighter has to do is threaten a purse bid. In order to equal GGG's purse they'd have to bid $23 mil. Nobody is bidding that much. So a fighter could say give me $8 mil or we go to purse bid and you either take a pay cut or vacate

Comment

Fighters put their life and future health on the line to entertain fans.
            I say let them make the best deal possible for themselves.

Comment

DAZN would be stupid to pay that. Just take it to purse bid and top up Golovkins purse after. Nobody is bidding 11 mil in a purse bid for this fight.
              Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 08-06-2019, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Canelo cannot get a fight.

Comment

Dazn really screwed themselves.
                  I have been saying for months they are the joke of the business community.

Comment

If I was a fighter that's what I would put in for. If Derev can get it then why shouldn't the others think it possible as well. Especially if they are in the mandatory position

Comment

Working...
                    X