No announcement yet.

What happened to Mikey Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Mikey Garcia?

What happened to Mikey Garcia? And where does he go from here. I don't think Garcia is leaving ppv anytime soon. So he's going to need ppv worthy opponents the only guys I can think of are Loma and Davis. This is why pbc needs Lou because he has alot of talent at lightweight. Regis, farmer, indogno. However Mikey being a ppv star now means haymon has a pitch to those guys to make alot of money. But them on dazn has severly hurt their fan base.

He whored himself out for money in a fight he knew he couldnt win nor did he plan on trying to win. A willing pawn in Haymon's plan to make Spence a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      He whored himself out for money in a fight he knew he couldnt win nor did he plan on trying to win. A willing pawn in Haymon's plan to make Spence a star.
      His career has been propelled as well though

Comment

Originally posted by lanker rom View Post
        His career has been propelled as well though
        Not really. If anything he has be sidelined indefinitely. If he had put up a decent fight...maybe even going out on his shield...He would have maintained...and even gained more respect. Chasing money has put him in between weights and unfortunately he isn't a big enough cash cow to garner fights without belts...which means no catchweight bouts. He is a great fighter...but at the end of the day he's kinda snookered.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          He was willing. He asked Haymon for the fight. But yeah, he could've instead beat up Davis and set up a fight with Loma, but that hurts Haymon so I'm sure Haymon and co were more willing in feeding Mikey to Spence instead. I gotta wonder if Haymon ever tried to talk him out of it, like Arum flat out said Pacquiao shouldn't fight Crawford for his health. Either way, Mikey wanted the fight and he has no one to blame but himself.

Comment

What happened to Mikey Garcia? And where does he go from here. I don't think Garcia is leaving ppv anytime soon. So he's going to need ppv worthy opponents the only guys I can think of are Loma and Davis. This is why pbc needs Lou because he has alot of talent at lightweight. Regis, farmer, indogno. However Mikey being a ppv star now means haymon has a pitch to those guys to make alot of money. But them on dazn has severly hurt their fan base.
            I think Mikey was already having trouble making 135 when he fought Easter and I doubt he will fight at 135 again. I doubt his next fight will be a pfv after his very sorry showing.

Comment

A ppv star? He stunk out the joint. Garbage effort, horrible undercard. Next

Comment

Mikey is healing his ribs. He'll be talking full blast in summer!

Comment

Lol hes fighting Erik Morales in a 4rd exhibition match

Comment

Mikey will come back as a 140, where he finishes his career, with some ventures to welter for a good pay. Forget that 135 BS belt.

Comment

Working...
                    X