Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Alvarez's "I don't like him" a valid reason for not fighting somebody?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
    So you're saying, if the fighters have fought before, by definition, it can't be a duck.
    What is the definition of a duck?
    I can tell you what a duck is NOT: refusing to meet someone AGAIN. You didn’t duck them in the first place or you wouldn’t have already fought?

Is it your position that as long as a fighter keeps saying ‘well I want one more try at you’ that he must be accommodated or else it’s a duck? Even if, which in many cases it would be, it’s just ‘that’s the biggest payday for me out there, so I’d like to keep fighting him again and again to make that $$$’?

I’d say 90 percent of what people on these forums call a duck isn’t — a fight isn’t attractive enough for one reason or another (usually to involved money) to entice Fighter A to make it, so he’s “ducking” Fighter B ... but that’s just business. In this case, Canelo has fought the guy twice and doesn’t like the purse inequity involved in fighting him a third time (GGG gets more than his general contract would pay while Canelo doesn’t so the purses would be closer to equal while Canelo can make just as much fighting someone else without benefitting a guy he doesn’t like; and GGG also wants say in where the fight should take place so Canelo is saying f— him).

A duck, on those occasions where it actually happens, would be when a fight makes financial sense to both sides (and that means long-term as well as short-term if there are rematch clauses tied or, say, the deal hinges on a fighter obligating him to a platform like dazn for his next however-many fights so it’s really trying to tie him down long-term) and one is simply afraid to fight the other.

By definition, if you’ve already fought the other guy (especially twice, especially on pretty even terms — regardless of who you thought won the first two Canelo-GGG fights, they weren’t blowouts and Canelo certainly didn’t get beat up or hurt so he obviously isn’t afraid of the other guy) you aren’t ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
      You're such an idiot my lord, Pac was the guy who was robbed but he doesnt care about that fight anymore, do you not get that? GGG was robbed but he does actually want the rematch, hence why it should happen. Along with the fact that there's no one else on his level in the division he's in. You're an idiot, I don't even hate on any of these fighters, I didnt hate on any of them. You're just a fool who deserves all the sh.it that gets flung your way. Can't even use your brain for a fuc.king second clearly.
      Bro. The bold. Your thong is showing for real.

Fighter A gets robbed = rematch warranted.
      Fighter B gets robbed = rematch not warranted.

That's NOT how it works. Either BOTH need rematches or neither do.

Then you go on to suggest that there's nobody on Golovkin's level when he barely caused any damage against Carnelo and failed to convince five judges across two fights that he did enough?

Like seriously, do you listen to yourself? You're a Golovkin fan. You cried when you saw him run out of the arena after losing against Carnelo. Just admit that bias bro! You're a hypocrite.

Done.

Comment

one of the stupidest excuses of all time.

Fighting someone you dislike is an ancient human instinct
        Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 08-18-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

he did fight him...2 times

Comment

I don't even think GGG himself gives a fk whether the trilogy happens or not. He just made $14 million fighting a guy no one has heard of. $14 million, about six times more than he made in the gruelling Jacobs fight!

Canelo already fought him twice, a lot of fans would rather see GGG fight Charlo, Andrade, Saunders, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by saintpat View Post
              It is invalid to say a fighter ducked someone he fought TWICE. By definition, he did not duck him.

It’s like saying I ducked going to work last week when I showed up every day.
              It's more like I won't go to work next week because there's this guy there that gets on my nerves. The last time we were supposed to work together I didn't show up (had a hangover) so his shift was canceled and he didn't get paid Then he had the nerve to call me a slacker. What an ass hole..
              Last edited by TonyGe; 08-18-2019, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                It's more like I won't go to work next week because there's this guy there that gets on my nerves. The last time we were supposed to work together I didn't show up (had a hangover) so his shift was canceled and he didn't get paid Then he had the nerve to call me a slacker. What an ass hole..
                They weren’t “supposed to work together” a third time.

Entitlement, Smfh.

Your guy gets paid a bonus if the other fellow shows up to carry the load. The other fellow isn’t obligated to help him make that extra money again.

Comment

He fought the man Twice already...

Comment

No that's a diva speaking. If you dont like someone then sort it out in the ring.

Canelo doesn't want that hard work, he's looking for fighters who are over the hill and fights where he has a clear advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      The only reason he fought GGG twice is because he had to to get the titles. He had everything to gain and nothing to lose. Now he has the titles and he won't fight him because he has everything to lose and nothing to gain. So what if GGG is 2 years older? So is Canelo. Is Canelo so god damn wonderful that he doesn't age? Canelo turned pro at age 15 and was a pro before GGG turned pro. He has had many more pro fights than GGG. Because GGG KOs so many guys so quickly Canelo has fought 400 rounds as a pro compared to only 200 rounds for GGG. Canelo has much more boxing mileage on him than GGG. Canelo s the one slowing down with bad knees and it showed in the Jacobs fight when he only managed throwing 400 punches all fight. GGG threw 650 punches at Jacobs. Canelo will likely lose a fight before GGG does even though he will never fight GGG.
                      I don’t give a damn about the reason, he had all those belts when people swore Canelo would never fight him. He fought him twice already. I honestly don’t care if he never fights him again because there’s other high quality opponents he can fight, and there will always be excuses regardless of the outcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X