Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-22-2019, 08:08 PM #21
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 6958 Post(s)
Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 295,182.84
Total Points: 358,032.30
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley One of the best posters on the forum for a long time! - JK1700 Great posting! - Tony Trick-Pony 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

If he was british he would definitely be very very popular, not just because of his image and how he speaks so clearly, but because of his cancer story.
Ray* is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:11 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
TheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 18,059.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
true...youd have to add floyd to that list

but guys like roy, shane and bernard could never really pull it off...bernard tried a little.....danny is kinda like a MW shane mosley.....but nice and clean cut doesnt sell
True... and Floyd is a villain too. ďPop cultureĒ doesnít love Floyd they wanna see him lose
TheUptownKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:15 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Curt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,631.58
Total Points: 141,374.56
your worst nightmare. Loma's D up your ass - Ogecca MaMa Great posts like this deserve a medal of honor - kushking 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUptownKid View Post
True... and Floyd is a villain too. ďPop cultureĒ doesnít love Floyd they wanna see him lose
ya i totally agree...floyd wasnt "menacing" to anyone...but as far as popularity hes as recognizable as tyson and even ali to some degree...
Curt Henning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:50 PM #24
Interim Champion

Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Inspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to allInspired is a name known to all
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,258.23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUptownKid View Post
Stfu. What do you know about black fans to make you worth listening to?
Boxing is a sport that is followed primarily by ethnic minorities in the US, by the working class. It's always been that way. From italians, irish, blacks, hispanics and now eastern europeans.

Now before I continue with this point, here's another point
the US used to be top dog at amateur/olympic level boxing, during the cold war era. After that, you had the doping scandals and since then there is very little investment in boxing from the government. Boxing is perceived as a corrupt sport over there.
The gradual decline of the amateur level boxers in the US has coincided with it's growth globally. So suddenly many of the best boxers in the world are from all over the world.

there was a time the top 5 pound for pound list would have been all black boxers.
today there's 2 ukranians, a mexican, possibly tyson fury on it if he beats fury.

Don't get me wrong, the US is still ahead in many ways, because it is the home of boxing and has the history.
Still, it's like a cycle where black fans have seen it all before, so they're less inclined to follow the sport today compared to how they used to in the past. Mexican support is at it's height today (or over the past 10 yrs).
that only leaves a subgroup from the blacks, like a show of defiance. they are more hardcore in the sense that they truely bring their racism and xenophobia into it. that's the only time they come to life.
Inspired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 08:55 PM #25
OK Jim...

Quoted: 1678 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 160,299.11
Total Points: 175,086.33
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 

I like Jacobs, good fighter. Comes across well.

His 3 losses have only came to real top quality fighters. I think he's willing to face anyone, and faced his rivals at 160.
Chrismart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:37 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
TheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond reputeTheUptownKid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 18,059.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Boxing is a sport that is followed primarily by ethnic minorities in the US, by the working class. It's always been that way. From italians, irish, blacks, hispanics and now eastern europeans.

Now before I continue with this point, here's another point
the US used to be top dog at amateur/olympic level boxing, during the cold war era. After that, you had the doping scandals and since then there is very little investment in boxing from the government. Boxing is perceived as a corrupt sport over there.
The gradual decline of the amateur level boxers in the US has coincided with it's growth globally. So suddenly many of the best boxers in the world are from all over the world.

there was a time the top 5 pound for pound list would have been all black boxers.
today there's 2 ukranians, a mexican, possibly tyson fury on it if he beats fury.

Don't get me wrong, the US is still ahead in many ways, because it is the home of boxing and has the history.
Still, it's like a cycle where black fans have seen it all before, so they're less inclined to follow the sport today compared to how they used to in the past. Mexican support is at it's height today (or over the past 10 yrs).
that only leaves a subgroup from the blacks, like a show of defiance. they are more hardcore in the sense that they truely bring their racism and xenophobia into it. that's the only time they come to life.
That’s a nice essay. I’m black I like basketball it’s more accessible and i have a better chance at profiting from it. Easy. No need for xenophobia, boxing isn’t as popular not because we don’t love ourselves but we dominate other sports too.

Moreover, wtf are you talking about? It seems like youre talking out of your bum. Boxing is less accessible than sports that have teams in your city. I live in Chicago, there hasn’t been an a-side boxer here in decades. So do i choose to drive to St. Louis or Cincy to see fights, or fly to Vegas? Or do i go to the bulls that play every Tuesday and Thursday 10 minutes from home. It’s just inaccessible which is why fandom has decreased

Last edited by TheUptownKid; 12-22-2019 at 11:42 PM.
TheUptownKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:41 PM #27
Contender

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
hansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond reputehansS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,272.65
xmas - TBear 

His close fights with GGG and Canelo show he's on a high level but I think he needs more coverage. Staying busy and continuing to win will help.
hansS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:42 PM #28
Phenomdeaux

Quoted: 5319 Post(s)
Phenom has disabled reputation
Bank: 1,566.55
Total Points: 88,330.59
Have a slice.....itís not Chicago style but hey.......Who needs all thatís doe anyway ???  All that just to say Iím out of green lol  ! - BERNIE'S CORNER I ain't mad, you just come across as a tool - Sn1 No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

Andre Ward was squeaky clean religious guy with family value the conservatives would love too and an olympic pedigree and undefeated and the concensus p4p #1 but still didn't cross over

That's not what works in this country
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:47 PM #29
Phenomdeaux

Quoted: 5319 Post(s)
Phenom has disabled reputation
Bank: 1,566.55
Total Points: 88,330.59
Have a slice.....itís not Chicago style but hey.......Who needs all thatís doe anyway ???  All that just to say Iím out of green lol  ! - BERNIE'S CORNER I ain't mad, you just come across as a tool - Sn1 No Message - afgbjfgmih 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismart View Post
I like Jacobs, good fighter. Comes across well.

His 3 losses have only came to real top quality fighters. I think he's willing to face anyone, and faced his rivals at 160.
Thing about Jacobs though he never really lived up to his hype never became the man in his division and never looked like he would after he came back
Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:53 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2346 Post(s)
MulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond reputeMulaKO has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,400.80
Total Points: 127,882.60
All about the coins. Nice posting, sir... - Tony Trick-Pony Thanks, broseph! - Tony Trick-Pony 

He just doesn’t have that bad boy or confrontational attitude which Americans can point to
Hes not very marketable
Yeah he does have a great story , surviving cancer , but that’s where it stops
MulaKO is online now   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends