No announcement yet.

Loma tells why Tank looked more impressive against Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Your post was going well until the bold.

If you think Davis only has power and nothing else then you don't know what you watching. You are missing on a lot of skills and defense.

Watch closely next time or watch his highlights. It doesn't seem like you know him. I agree on Wilder tho.
    I honestly haven't watched much of tank, but based off what I've seen, highlights and his fight against pedraza I would say meh. He looks like some dude who tries to overwhelm his opponents and is super linear. I dont like watching highlights either because they never tell the whole story.

I personally like the match up for Loma because I think Tank cares about his KOs and lomachenko doesnt. It's like in Fury vs Wilder. Wilder only went for the kill shot every single time. Lomachenko is okay for it to go the judges because he will 100% outbox Tank. Tank knows this and anyone who watches boxing knows this. It just depends on if tank can catch Lomachenko clean.

Comment

Loma would smoke Tank but he couldn't stop Pedraza.

I enjoyed the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandmasterWang View Post
        Loma would smoke Tank but he couldn't stop Pedraza.

I enjoyed the fight.
        Pedraza did all quick jerky movements which confused Lomo, he had a plan that got him into the fight. Tank is a completely different fight and he has the ability to end it if he lands clean, Pedraza has no power and often a top fighter against no power will get hit more because they take more chances .

I wouldnt judge Lomo on Pedraza , because Pedraza changed his game for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
          I honestly haven't watched much of tank, but based off what I've seen, highlights and his fight against pedraza I would say meh. He looks like some dude who tries to overwhelm his opponents and is super linear. I dont like watching highlights either because they never tell the whole story.

I personally like the match up for Loma because I think Tank cares about his KOs and lomachenko doesnt. It's like in Fury vs Wilder. Wilder only went for the kill shot every single time. Lomachenko is okay for it to go the judges because he will 100% outbox Tank. Tank knows this and anyone who watches boxing knows this. It just depends on if tank can catch Lomachenko clean.
          Not a fan of either guy, but if you don’t watch much of one fighter in a potential match, you shouldn’t be one to make ridiculous and confident predictions lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            So Tank should step up. He’s a twitter fighter these days but gets scared when they mention Loma’s name especially his own promoter. Why again wasn’t it “a good idea” to fight Loma? Who else you been fighting? Have no fights or fight Loma?

It must be noted that Pedraza hadn’t fought for almost a year when he did fight Davis though. This type of thing matters for some folks when it conveniences them.
            Interesting post. I hope moving forward you post the same thing about Loma’s victory over Walters.

Comment

The points Loma makes here are both valid.

Pedraza probably was stronger at 135 than 130, and if you go looking for a KO against a big puncher you are more likely to get KO'd yourself than if you fight defensively.

Comment

Loma won and shouldn’t need to explain why he didn’t win the same way Tank did. Loma’s only problem is Espn hyped him so much that if he didn’t win by devastation it would look unimpressive to casuals watching.

Cant we just appreciate his talent and not go overboard?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  The points Loma makes here are both valid.

Pedraza probably was stronger at 135 than 130, and if you go looking for a KO against a big puncher you are more likely to get KO'd yourself than if you fight defensively.
                  Any rational fan knows this. But here on NSB You get very few that understand this. Instead they want to watch a brawl like they see on YouTube. Loma fought smart and won going away. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                    Pedraza did all quick jerky movements which confused Lomo, he had a plan that got him into the fight. Tank is a completely different fight and he has the ability to end it if he lands clean, Pedraza has no power and often a top fighter against no power will get hit more because they take more chances .

I wouldnt judge Lomo on Pedraza , because Pedraza changed his game for that fight.
                    Pedraza was competitive against Lomachenko who is a better fighter than Davis. But couldn't adjust to Davis once he started teeing on him?

I would definitely judge Lomachenko on that fight. Pedraza was able to confuse the best fighter of this era. Pedraza isn't that good and he didn't do anything that special for Lomachenko to not look better.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                      It's worth zero. He has Davis nightmares until today but was very competitive against Loma. Let's keep it real.

Arum promotes both.
                      ... yes... Pedraza is with Top Rank, tbh...

Comment

Working...
                      X