3 gvozdyuk
        4 bivol
        5 beterbiev
        6 Jack
        7 Alvarez
        8 Browne
        9 Vlasov
        Ok he’s #10 cause ward tucked his nuts
        After all that you still have him in the top 10. Classic.

Comment

agendas

he was a tune up. at the time he was pretty much unknown and unproven.

as far as matchmaking goes, it was a very good fight to tune up for kovalev. barrera lacks the potency to be truly dangerous, is ponderous enough to get complacent with losing, he's strong, and a good fight to adjust to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            agendas

he was a tune up. at the time he was pretty much unknown and unproven.

as far as matchmaking goes, it was a very good fight to tune up for kovalev. barrera lacks the potency to be truly dangerous, is ponderous enough to get complacent with losing, he's strong, and a good fight to adjust to 175.
            I can roll with this, it was a fight that Ward was expected to win fairly convincingly.

It only became a cherry pick when Ward beat him. I recall that during negotiations when they couldn’t agree on financial terms (hey Wilder fans, it does happen you know) and Barrera was roasting Ward and Jay Z on Twitter, people were saying Ward was ducking and low balling him because he’s too risky.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
              I can roll with this, it was a fight that Ward was expected to win fairly convincingly.

It only became a cherry pick when Ward beat him. I recall that during negotiations when they couldn’t agree on financial terms (hey Wilder fans, it does happen you know) and Barrera was roasting Ward and Jay Z on Twitter, people were saying Ward was ducking and low balling him because he’s too risky.

idiots say stupid **** all the time. i tune them out.

ducking sullivan barrera?
              do you people even know what ducking is?

barrera is the perfect style for ward to tune up. will go 12, won't be a threat, will get you ready.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post

Actually, I don't remember much, if any ,chatter at all about Barrera being a cherry pick before or after the fight. Think Larry's trying to rewrite history.

There were a lot of arguments which tuneup/mandatory was better, Wade or Barrera since they happened close to each other. And I remember Ward getting a crap ton of backlash for cherrypicking Rupert Murdoch and then Alexander Brand.

Paul Smith was also a really bad fight. That was a tuneup to end all tuneups. A slow, unimpressive fighter with 50% KO ratio against bums.

Comment

Nah Barera proved to be a good fighter

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                    After all that you still have him in the top 10. Classic.
                    Barely did you not get the part where ward tucked his nuts? And pascal retired too

Comment

Working...
                    X