No announcement yet.

AJ is the draw in the US

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    Couldn’t agree more with AJ being the draw in the States if the Wilder fight ever happens , I mean just look at his #s there

His fight with Povetkin was reportedly watched by over 15k people on DAZN and his Showtime viewership ( excluding the Klit fight ) avg around what Wilder / Fury did on a PPV ( horrible #s by the way according to Hearn )

AJ is the draw in the States obviously and the #s back up this claim
    Why would you exclude the Klitschko fight? BecUse it doesn’t **** your narrative?

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
      Why would you exclude the Klitschko fight? BecUse it doesn’t **** your narrative?
      Pretty much

Fine you want to include the 600-700k that watched the AJ / Klit fight and avg out AJs
      Showtime #s be my guest. Instead of avg 300k he avgs about 375k

Basically he draws in the ballpark of what Clarissa Sheilds draw with or without the Klit fight

But the proof is in the pudding that he’s the draw in the States and the reason people will tune in if AJ /Wilder fight happens

Comment

I'm 17 feet tall, see how that works? Anyone can say some outlandish shhhh without proof or facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
          If Joshua fights wilder then ppv in America surely would be above 500k; but probably still 750k in the uk at American timeframe.

If uk timeframe probably 1.5mil at least in the uk and a 100-200k us.
          I agree with this.

Timing is so crucial for trans-Atlantic showings! I didn't mind getting up at 12 for the Wilder v Fury show because I love it but the US market wouldn't really be bothered, I'm assuming.

I would go as far to say that if this fight was in LV, it could do a mil on both sides of the pond. NY may be better for the time difference if it HAD to be in the US.

On the whole 'getting up at 12' bit, did anyone else in the UK expect the entire undercard on the BT PPV? I had 2 hours of BS promotional videos on repeat whilst there were bouts taking place behind Lennox's massive head!

Comment

If those two fought stateside and in Vegas, I bet the live gate would have easily surpassed $10 million. Matter of fact, closer to the $15 million range. Not sure why you aren't including the UK buys here, but this would have done a million or close it to even at 4 am. So that right there is around $12.5-13 million. Hearn when asked in an interview a few months ago thought this fight would do around 750k buys. I say something in that range is fair. Would have been better if Joshua fought stateside beforehand but nonetheless it would have done much better than the first Wilder/Fury fight. Even though Joshua isn't super popular stateside, the casuals just knew of the match up being hyped up by so many people. That would have carried the PPV to doing great numbers.

But how I believe the rematch of Wilder/Fury II is on par or slightly bigger than the Wilder/Joshua fight. Fury became a star overnight and the fight delivered where everyone wants to see it again.

Joshua is the second biggest name worldwide or the biggest, but stateside him alone wouldn't be the ultimate A side. He wouldn't just be able to sell the Breazeale fight on PPV or someone like Ortiz.

Comment

Well Fury was also the A side against Wilder. Thats not the picture they tried to paint but thats how it is. The arena certainly sounded like it was being held in the UK. And its not like the Wilder fans can show us all his previous PPV successes to prove he does those number regular.

Fury Wilder was supposed to be the biggest fight in the sport according to Wilder fans yet the truth is Wilder made a max of 12 Million from that fight. Less than Joshua offered him to fight and a hell of alot less than the 50 Million they pretended to offer Joshua.

Comment

He was in the states but didnt show to the wilder fury fight, that sure would have helped his case. But he will be at whyte chisora 2. His numbers in the us were some of the lowest on showtime. I dont think hes a big draw in the u.s. But either way i cant wait until he fights wilder or fury.

Comment

Wilders showtime ratings were much better

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                    To pay him $50m you would need 666k PPV buys at $75 in the US (this is before networks take their cut!).

Twice as many buys required as Wilder vs Fury.

Agree or disagree?

And by the way I'm not AJ fanboys. Fury is #1, AJ #2 and Deyonce #3 so keep that **** out the thread.
                    I would agree prior to the Wilder/Fury fight . However, that fight generated huge post fight buzz and did a solid 325-350k PPV sales. If the rematch does between 750 and 900k then it's hard to claim AJ is the draw in the US.

Wilder has been slowly expanding his profile. He is definitely more known than before the fight. I still think AJ would rather fight with the home crowd behind him rather than come to Las Vegas and make more money.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                      Couldn’t agree more with AJ being the draw in the States if the Wilder fight ever happens , I mean just look at his #s there

His fight with Povetkin was reportedly watched by over 15k people on DAZN and his Showtime viewership ( excluding the Klit fight ) avg around what Wilder / Fury did on a PPV ( horrible #s by the way according to Hearn )

AJ is the draw in the States obviously and the #s back up this claim
                      Where'd you get the 15k number?? I've been looking for it everywhere!

Comment

Working...
                      X