No announcement yet.

lomachenko needs to retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Why? They're both great fighters albeit Floyd's obviously more proven so it's only natural that people compare the two.

Loma has achieved more and is arguably greater than Floyd was when he was at the same point of his career Loma is now. Why shouldn't we talk about it?

Mayweather fans come off as very insecure when they say things like that. He isn't some untouchable sacred cow despite what you guys might think.
    Maybe I shouldn’t have said don’t compare. But don’t say he’s already better than floyd

Comment

Why? They're both great fighters albeit Floyd's obviously more proven so it's only natural that people compare the two.

Loma has achieved more and is arguably greater than Floyd was when he was at the same point of his career Loma is now. Why shouldn't we talk about it?

Mayweather fans come off as very insecure when they say things like that. He isn't some untouchable sacred cow despite what you guys might think.
      Szef, I agree they are both great fighters but it is utterly ridiculous to post " Loma has achieved more and is arguably greater than Floyd was when he was at the same point of his career Loma is now".

At age 30 Floyd was 39-0 and had titles in 5 divisions, and had been lineal champ in 3, unified titles in 1 division. Loma is 11-1, titles in 3 divisions, no lineal titles and unified in 1 division.

This isn't about Mayweather fans insecurity, It's about those that don't like Floyd making an unfair comparison and posters like you defending them when they do it.

edit: floyd had only unified in 1 divison. I changed it to that.
      Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-10-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        Ay I'm laughing too. They call Loma an ATG, I expect ATG performances. Instead he gives his fans a mediocre showing versus Pedraza

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
          Maybe I shouldn’t have said don’t compare. But don’t say he’s already better than floyd
          At this point of their respective careers he arguably is.

But greatness is judged based on fighter's entire career so we will obviously have to wait until he's retired to objectively compare the two.

Comment

loma is 30 years old, he's not as accomplished as floyd was at 30 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
              The problem with this forum is that you can never tell if someone is being hilariously sarcastic or posting an actual opinion.
              Hopefully being sarcastic because some of the comments are from the twilight zone.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                The forum went to **** years ago. There's an anti-EE sentiment for sure but I think there's an anti-Brit, anti-Mexican, anti-American too and all are loud and proud and make up the majority of the threads and posts. It's becoming harder and harder to see intelligent posts from legitimate boxing fans these days which is part of the reason I'm probably going to log out of my account in the new year.

You know your not talking to the creme de la creme of boxing fans when every robbery is defended, every fight is a fighter being "exposed" and everyone is "ducking" everyone etc;
                I think the problem is posters that everytime there is a score they don't agree with, they say the person scoring is a racist or scored it that way because one fighter is eastern euro. You're the reason the forum went to sh-t.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  I think the problem is posters that everytime there is a score they don't agree with, they say the person scoring is a racist or scored it that way because one fighter is eastern euro. You're the reason the forum went to sh-t.
                  Yet you perpetrate it and attack fans of white fighters or people you perceive as white and say nothing of ridiculous criticisms of european fighters but if someone criticizes a certain black fighter or heaven forbid Floyd you go on the full on defensive and point the finger.

You try and act above it but many posters see right through it.

Comment

Szef, I agree they are both great fighters but it is utterly ridiculous to post " Loma has achieved more and is arguably greater than Floyd was when he was at the same point of his career Loma is now".

At age 30 Floyd was 39-0 and had titles in 5 divisions, and had been lineal champ in 3, unified titles in 2 divisions. Loma is 11-1, titles in 3 divisions, no lineal titles and unified in 1 division.

This isn't about Mayweather fans insecurity, It's about those that don't like Floyd making an unfair comparison and posters like you defending them when they do it.
                    It doesn't matter what age he is.

Loma started his pro career 5 years ago and have achieved more than Floyd did when he was 5 years into his career. Those are facts.

The age thing is just a way to spin the argument in your favour.

Comment

At age 30 Floyd was 39-0 and had titles in 5 divisions, and had been lineal champ in 3, unified titles in 2 divisions. Loma is 11-1, titles in 3 divisions, no lineal titles and unified in 1 division.

Floyd was only unified in one division by the age of 30. He unified against Baldomir only. What do you interpret as his other unification?

Comment

Working...
                      X