Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official 2018 World Cup thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those blown opportunities by Lingard and Kane in the first half will haunt England. Croatia dominated the 2nd half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
      Sterling hasn't scored for England for 3 years. Wow lol.

Guy's an utter bum.

I can tell he's Jamaican
      Red - WOW!

We's in the gutter now, bro?

Comment

• Yeah siablo. You GOT TO root for France, otherwise you'll get your black man's card revoked lmao... sad.

Anyway, I feel for you insufferable British cvvnts, thought this year could really be yours. But you got to the semis, that's a big achievement too. Plus you still can get bronze, though I don't see you beating Belgium, they're just a class above. But we'll see.

And of course I'm rooting for Croatia, they're the underdogs. A small country winning the world cup would be something. Plus they've been through hell to get where they are. 3 extra times in a row, wow. The hot ms president is an icing on the cake

Go Croatia! Go England!

Comment

• A post shared by Onefootball (@onefootball) on

Comment

• No one gives a **** about international footy in all honesty, the premier league is where it's at. That's where it really matters.

Glad this tourney is over soon tbh, can't wait for the big boy league to be back. The Glorious Premier League. I've got a strong feeling it's our year next year, my boy Klopp is putting a proper squad together, just need a keeper and to get the Dybala and Fekir deals over the line and we'll be right up there next season, right up there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
              This is why the World Cup is the pinnacle. Forget the Champions League, Premier League, La Liga, et al. Score a winning goal here and you are a national hero for the rest of your life.
              Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              nah homie, you're just on the hype like everyone else.

Club football is both more important to the individual athlete and more competitive.

We get fired up for the cup when it comes around but club football is > than international football.

This is like you trying to argue that international basketball is superior to the NBA. You're entitled to your own opinion, but you won't even find a pro basketball player to cosign you and say "yea the olympics is more important than my NBA legacy."
              Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              You dont think Messi would give up one of his champions league titles for a world cup?
              Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              Yeah it's ****ing stupid

Hell even Ronaldo probably holds his Euro win with Portugal just as highly as his CL wins

And World Cup is another level above
              Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
              Are you drunk?
              The World Cup is literally eons above the Champions League, ask any single pro which would you rather win, they'd all say the World Cup. It's not even up for debate.

I've spoken to many many pros and they've also said the World Cup when I've asked them

Hell Messi himself said it - http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/wor...-the-world-cup

The Champions League is a **** trophy compared to the World Cup

Meh

Sad thing is that it's hard to imagine the draw opening up like this ever again.. Croatia semi/France final are not amazing teams either

I feel like the draw.. the back 5 and Kane had an amazing world cup.. not sure it can be repeated

Reminds me of when we lost to Brazil 2-1 in the quarters.. You just don't get these chances much
              Are you not suspicious that Croatia were on their knees, begging for oxygen VS Russia but all of a sudden, play like they have 3 lungs each against us?

Pogba.. Lingard.. Lukaku.. Fellani.. Young all had pretty good World Cups and got to the semis.. Mourhino needs to stop underachieving
              Mourinho needs to **** off from my United, he's been underachieving for a while

We love Trump.. don't let a few salty lefty phaggots protesting make you think otherwise
              Trump's an absolute bum

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Even more fun winding up the Englishmen who just didn’t get the tongue in cheek nature of the ‘it’s coming home’ schtick.

People moaning on Facebook already saying how people shouldn’t have been so confident

As if anyone who knew anything about football or had watched England for the last 20 years was genuinely confident in that way. We had a chance for sure, but mostly it was good fun
              We knew we were ****, we were all taking the piss but a lot of folks, especially a number of Yanks fell for it

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              That's a sick tune fam

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
              Tell you what though, minor point in the grand scheme of things, how the ***** did Delli Alli manage to make it through that game without being subbed?

120mins of pure ineffectiveness.
              Alli and Sterling are ****ing bums. I don't want Fenomeno coming here telling us Sterling is legit when he's not

Originally posted by Sh|ts on Brits View Post
              Fat fooking Brits gracing us with their knowledge earlier in this thread.

Go back to discussing club football now, lads. International competitions simply aren't your thing.
              It was a ****ing ridiculous comment to make by him but he has a penchant for making ******ed comments. As a Brit' I'd like to formally apologise you had to read that shyte.

Mandzukic is a baller. Turned up in both World Cup and Champions League. To call him a fossil not just here but in the other thread just reeks of ignorance

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              No one gives a **** about international footy in all honesty, the premier league is where it's at. That's where it really matters.

Glad this tourney is over soon tbh, can't wait for the big boy league to be back. The Glorious Premier League. I've got a strong feeling it's our year next year, my boy Klopp is putting a proper squad together, just need a keeper and to get the Dybala and Fekir deals over the line and we'll be right up there next season, right up there.
              Yes, my boy Roy telling it like it is. Reading this has already quelled my disappointment

On a serious note, we will never ever have an easier opportunity than this at immortality. This kind of run won't happen again and we ****ed it

Comment

• Happy they got so far but we were poor 2-1 flattered us.

We'd of lost whatever really but we need Loftus-Cheek starting. He's the engine the heartbeat of the team.

We create **** all during open play and the odd time we do Lingard or Sterling just tank it into row Z.

Croatia deserved it tbh I hope they go onto win. Perisic is a beast.

Comment

• The real losers are Wolfsburg imagine losing Perisic, De Bruyne, Rodrigues, Naldo, Dost and Caligiuri in the space of a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                    Yes, my boy Roy telling it like it is. Reading this has already quelled my disappointment

On a serious note, we will never ever have an easier opportunity than this at immortality. This kind of run won't happen again and we ****ed it
                    Sterling is a proper bum, but we all knew that already apart from Southgate and El Fenom.

Mandzukic is the real deal, big game player. Better than a lot of these so called world class strikers who **** their pants when it matters most like Higuain/Giroud/Jesus etc. The man steps up when it matters.

And your bang on. This was the best chance we've had in my lifetime and probs we'll have for the next 20 years. Piss easy route to the final. Not having none of this proud of the boys bull****, we shat our pants against ****ing Croatia ffs. Should have got to the final at the very least. Southgates a proper bum. Sticking with Sterling should be a sackable offence. Should've started Delph to man mark Modric. We had the easiest route to the final we'll ever have and didn't make it and I'm seeing everyone proud of Southgate **** me, shocking standards.

Anyway like I said the proper footy will be back soon and we can all go back to hating international footy when it does.
                    Last edited by Roy Jones Jnr; 07-11-2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Happy they got so far but we were poor 2-1 flattered us.

We'd of lost whatever really but we need Loftus-Cheek starting. He's the engine the heartbeat of the team.

We create **** all during open play and the odd time we do Lingard or Sterling just tank it into row Z.

Croatia deserved it tbh I hope they go onto win. Perisic is a beast.
                      Always liked Perisic. Quality player. Like a ****ter version of Bale. Can't see em winning it tho tbh, if France don't beat them with the squad they've got it'll be a bigger failure than all of ours put together since 1966. France should be walking this tourney with the squad they have. It'll be funny as fook if they lose though would be good to see Phenom(he's French I think?) with some egg slapped right on his forehead.

Comment

Working...
                      X