No announcement yet.

NSB PICK 'EM #33, #34 AND #35. SAT 16th JUNE 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
    I think maybe when the fight is such a mis-match using a multiplier shouldnt earn so many points otherwise next year im just gonna use all my multipliers on the big favourites.
    EDIT: Ha, disregard the below post, man. I totally misunderstood your post and thought you were talking about putting your mults on the underdog for the extra multiplier there. Yeah. Anyway. I do see what you're saying, and I do think that's how many people do use their multipliers now... it's a valid point and I'll add it to the long list of things which need looking at for next year. Can't think immediately of an obvious solution - currently we balance mismatches by putting a multiplier on the underdog, but given the scoring structure it's hard to see how we could put a penalty on wide favourites. I'll have to think on it. As ever - all input is welcome.

Well - it's worth discussion, certainly, but usually these guys are massive favourites for a reason. Chances are you might get one or at the most two upsets of that kind of magnitude in a year and I'm pretty confident you'd end up with fewer points than if you'd just played the favourite - unless, IDK - you just get a feeling about this ish... I know I just knew Bellew was going to knock Haye the **** out in their first fight.

Same way we got a huge points reward for picking the DRAW (120pts). There's a lot of close fights in a year, but picking a draw each time is unlikely to reward you better than just picking CLOSE DEC pretty much at random cos draws are so infrequent. That said dropping a mult. on a DRAW might be worth a pop if you're playing to win but you're halfway down the board or started late or something.
    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-19-2018, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Point totals for 6/16/18

All picks on Fortuna vs Granados have been discounted, no points or picks will be credited and runs will be unaffected.

Results:

Spence, KO, EARLY
      Roman, DEC, WIDE

Eff Pandas: 25 (25, 0)
      Koba: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect
      ShoulderRoll: 50 (25, 25)
      j0zef: 60 (60, 0) x2 used, 1 perfect
      BLASTER1: 95 (75, 20) x3 used
      BigZ44: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      SceneBoxer: 45 (25, 20)
      jpowell100: 55 (25, 30) 1 perfect
      Rockybigblower: 50 (25, 25)
      Julia Slobberts: 50 (25, 25)
      FrankieClutch: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      blakbread904: 80 (60, 20) x2 used, 1 perfect
      SUBZER0ED: 25 (25, 0)
      Drama Show: 105 (75, 30) x3 used, 1 perfect
      RJJ-94-02=GOAT: 55 (25, 30) 1 perfect
      NC Uppercut: 105 (75, 30) x3 used, 1 perfect
      DuckAdonis: 105 (75, 30) x3 used, 1 perfect
      Redd Foxx: 25 (25, 0)
      Ganondorf: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      Mammoth: 95 (75, 20) x3 used
      Just Looking: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      RockyB: 75 (50, 25) x2 used
      Abovetheclouds: 55 (25, 30) 1 perfect
      Thomasjk: 50 (30, 20) 1 perfect
      Caught Square: 100 (75, 25) x3 used
      otrocubiche: 50 (30, 20) 1 perfect
      HeadBodyBodyBody: 60 (30, 30) 2 perfect
      The plunger man: 25 (25, 0)
      Chrismart: 100 (75, 25) x3 used
      ruedboy: 90 (60, 30) x2 used, 2 perfect
      MindGame: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      siablo14: 55 (25, 30) 1 perfect
      A.K: 55 (30, 25) 1 perfect
      Idunnosheet: 55 (25, 30) 1 perfect
      Zen Fighter: 30 (30, 0) 1 perfect
      mathed: 50 (25, 25)
      koolkc107: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      _Rexy_: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      MulaKO: 50 (50, 0) x2 used
      Pigeons: 100 (75, 25) x3 used
      Szef: 30 (30, 0) 1 perfect
      Studentofdagame: 25 (25, 0)
      KingTito: 25 (25, 0)
      Onlybeinghonest: 100 (75, 25) x3 used
      Oluminati: 80 (50, 30) x2 used, 1 perfect
      Baltimore: 105 (75, 30) x3 used, 1 perfect
      b morph: 100 (75, 25) x3 used
      Damn Wicked: 25 (25, 0)
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-19-2018, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        It's a tricky one for sure, the tough bit about applying it to the game is coming up with a ruling that you can apply consistently in all situations... easiest is almost certainly to remove the fight, but there's some situations where it's hard to see a few extra ounces making a meaningful difference...

**** - I really should be taking notes about all the stuff we need to look at for next year.

Also, man, been meaning to ask you - we got john l MIA and siablo on a World Cup sabbatical (or possibly just losing interest - he did mention something about a chick a while back)... you reckon you'd be able to spare a coupla hours a week helping run this ish? I'm painfully aware that summer's coming up and I'm gonna be away plenty, so I'm looking for someone at the very least to put up the Pick 'em threads when I ain't around and possibly compiling the results at the end of the threads.

Pay's ****, hours are worse and your only reward will be some lame-ass congratulations and plenty of jovial ridicule at the end of the year. What you reckon?
        Koba,
        I’m a grading contractor. I’m in the second of a 4 year, 55 million State contract, and am working about 75-85 hours a week. This is our peak season. During the winter and spring I can. My brother I wouldn’t wanna take on another task, one that I would enjoy, but wouldn’t be able to dedicate the proper time. I apologize friend!

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
          Koba,
          I’m a grading contractor. I’m in the second of a 4 year, 55 million State contract, and am working about 75-85 hours a week. This is our peak season. During the winter and spring I can. My brother I wouldn’t wanna take on another task, one that I would enjoy, but wouldn’t be able to dedicate the proper time. I apologize friend!
          Not a problem, man, real life commitments always come first - you were first choice cos both myself and siablo consider you to be both fair minded and a regular and enthusiastic contributor, so when your work commitments drop off a bit the offer will still be there...

Now. All I gotta do is find someone who spends the long daylight hours of summer tucked away behind a computer - or - and here's a thought - someone in the Southern hemisphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Not a problem, man, real life commitments always come first - you were first choice cos both myself and siablo consider you to be both fair minded and a regular and enthusiastic contributor, so when your work commitments drop off a bit the offer will still be there...

Now. All I gotta do is find someone who spends the long daylight hours of summer tucked away behind a computer - or - and here's a thought - someone in the Southern hemisphere.
            😛 I will most definitely take you up on the offer when my work slows down! Computer person would solve ALOT of time!!! Holla at you soon. FYI, I don’t ever want this game to quit! Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X