No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo Told Me He Wants The Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo Told Me He Wants The Golovkin Fight

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman spoke with WBC middleweight champion Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (47-1-1, 33KOs), and the Mexican superstar informed him that he's very motivated to face mandatory challenger Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs), who holds the WBA/IBO/IBF middleweight belts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

When the Sulaiman clan gets to doing a lot of talking its usually shortly thereafter followed by bad news for the fans. I'm really hoping i'm wrong and these guys want to start seeing higher profiled fights for their belts.

Comment

Canelo wants the fight... at 155. Golovkin doesn't. Step-aside deal to be announced soon.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
        When the Sulaiman clan gets to doing a lot of talking its usually shortly thereafter followed by bad news for the fans. I'm really hoping i'm wrong and these guys want to start seeing higher profiled fights for their belts.
        Very true! I think this is a masquerade. Canelo won't fight GGG anytime soon. I won't be surprised if Canelo vacates and fights Pacquiao or Floyd.

I heard Roach in a interview that he likes this fight @ 155 lbs but with a rehydration clause of max 10 lbs.

Comment

Canelo hasnt duck anybody. Fought Trout and Lara when everyone said he would not. I lm still betting on GGG, great fight. Winner can fight Jacobs or the winner of Lemiux vs Curtis Stevens.

Comment

The news is that Sulaiman said "The Fight of The Year" -- he thinks it happens next...

Comment

I can't see this fight being fight of the year, their not going in to trade with each other. It's going to be another boxing match not really an all out war.

Comment

I will b surprise if alvarez man's up & has the this year .... I just can't see it happening...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                  I will b surprise if alvarez man's up & has the this year .... I just can't see it happening...
                  To be honest, Canelo fought everyone that was asked of him-never ducked at all. GGG on the other hand had fans asking for a Ward fight and his vagina quivered....this reputation of being so feared is kinda over-stated as well because there have been guys who have called him out,yet he didn't want the fight-instead he opted to fight even easier fights.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    To be honest, Canelo fought everyone that was asked of him-never ducked at all. GGG on the other hand had fans asking for a Ward fight and his vagina quivered....this reputation of being so feared is kinda over-stated as well because there have been guys who have called him out,yet he didn't want the fight-instead he opted to fight even easier fights.
                    Ummm.......ya, sure budz.

Comment

Working...
                    X