Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd VS Manny - What should of happened (IMO)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd VS Manny - What should of happened (IMO)

Just my thoughts, but I feel the whole event failed in terms of atmosphere and delivering an exciting showcase for boxing.

I know it made $$$ but a few suggestion on what would have made it REAL.

1) Location and Venue - we all know it was always going to be the MGM Vegas but...I feel an outdoor stadium would have easily sold out.

The Vegas location makes sense, but there was no drama - that's what made fights like Ali VS Foreman so dramatic and intriguing. Another country and venue would have really been interesting.

2) Tickets - There was a weird subdued atmosphere due to mainly the super rich, celebrity A list packing the MGM. Even the ring walks were dull and the fight action was almost hushed. At times it felt like an exhibition fight.

3) Undercard - This was s**t. With the disappointment of the main event this really sucked. Another top tier title fight could have taken place IMO.

For me the only highlight was the Weigh In which was pretty fun to watch.

The whole event reeked of the networks squeezing out every last million $ from a 5 year wait for something that promised so much but delivered so little for the fans.

I won some money on Floyd so can't complain too much though...
Working...
X