Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone really all that excited about Rios vs. Pacquiao....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Pac is a bit overrated, and I think because he's an action fighter people tend to give him more accolades than he deserved a few years ago, but that said, I'm looking forward to this fight because both Pac and Rios are legit warriors and I'm hoping to see Pac regain his form. It's good for boxing when Pac and Money are at the top and the possibility of that Superfight happening.

Not to mention, if Rios beats Pac, Pac's career will all but be over. The consequences are huge.

Comment

i'm not complaining.... but i think the outcome is obvious....

ofcourse there's going to be a lot of action.... but i think rios needs work and he's just not ready for pacquiao... no matter how old people think manny may be at this point.

Comment

it is guaranteed fireworks what's not to like? What I'm really looking forward to is to see how pac performs. i wanna see if he still has it.

Comment

I remember Left Hook Tua saying in a thread back in 09 when Cotto was going to fight Pacquiao.

" At the end of the day David Diaz will have done & been a better challenge than Miguel Cotto was etc"

So now Ima use that,after the fight people will say David Diaz put up a better fight & was a better opponent than Brando Rios " ....

Comment

Originally posted by EzzardCharles View Post
            Both fighters coming off losses.....

Pacquiao coming off back to back defeats.... and the worst knock out defeat of his career....

and Rios being exposed as a one-dimensional slugger, tailor made for Pacquiao....

Rios is a 'some-what' credible name for Pacquiao to regain his confidence...

Sure he's tough.... but Margarito's a great example of what tough gets you against Pacquaio....

Rios is a young fighter, who's moving up a weight division and is probably too brave for his own good and could face a career threatening defeat... is it worth it?

and for those who think Pacquiao's slipped... or lost a step.... fighting guys like Marquez, Mayweather, Martinez, Ward is a far different proposition from facing the likes of Rios and Margarito....

Sure, they'll work hard and have some success but ultimately they're there to be hit all day....

This is effectivelly Pacquiao fighting a smaller version of Margarito.... Margarito's only advantage against Pacquiao was size.... Rios doesn't even have that.... it's a horrible fight, in terms of the fighters being evenly matched....
            I can tell you don't know boxing, history has shown many times Fighters coming off losses are always the most dangerous, these two fighters have something to prove, Pacman got knocked out cold and right after the fight he wanted to box right off the bat, he wanted to get back in their to prove himself, Rios after he lost to Alvarado he was amped he wanted to get back in to prove himself he was hungry, this fight is a true throwback warrior fight between two hungry old and young lions.

First off do you ever say Guerrero was tailor made for Floyd or Canelo is tailor made for Floyd? why say that about Rios for Pacquiao as if to discredit it, why don't you tell others anyone not interested in Floyd fighting these tailor made slow flat footed guys like Guerrero or Canelo?

Why did anyone watch Mike Tyson even though he lost? Same thing goes for Gatti and Pacquiao, people want to see some action. and this is a MONEYS worth fight if you want a KO or a war you will get it no matter how short or how long the fight goes, you are guaranteed action.
            Last edited by hectari; 06-01-2013, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Should be an action packed fight! It will be do or die for pacs career and if he losses its a rap!

Comment

Will be an exciting fight ... curious to see which Manny will be showing up.

Comment

lol I forgot they were fighting to be honest. It better not be on ppv because it will flop bad.

Comment

$50-60 PPV no thanks. These Top Rank in house fights are desperate to sell anything.

Pacquiao is shot to ****, can't pull the trigger anymore, lost his love and drive for the sport. He's just in it to make $$$$ since he's broke and owes his daddy Arum some $$$. Then you got Rios who never should be getting a shot to fight Pacquiao

Comment

It will be an exciting fight. I think everyone expects Manny win by KO or TKO. My only complaint about it is that, Manny will be shove right up at the top 2-3 P4P list again even though he doesn't deserve to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X