Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katsidis Hit With Bad Medical Verdict, Likely To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katsidis Hit With Bad Medical Verdict, Likely To Retire

Junior welterweight Michael Katsidis (28-6, 23KOs) has received a very bad medical verdict after having MRI and CAT scans conducted in Sydney. The boxer, 32, has now withdrawn from a planned fight on February 21 in Melbourne. He is likely going to retire.

The exact details of the medical examination have not been revealed. Katsidis took a bad beating in several fights and lost four of his last five.

Katsidis' trainer Johnny Lewis told The Daily Telegraph.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Noooooooooooo Katsidis!!!!

But its not surprising given the effort he always puts forth. War Katsidis!

Comment

CAT scan.......yeah, that's all I need to hear right there. I wish Kats well but I think they found early signs of Parkinson. Hopefully there were just early, early signs and that he is in no immediate danger.

**Take that back, seems you can't detect Parkinson's with a CAT scan, they must see something else.
      Last edited by mathed; 02-11-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Its good they caught it before he could get another fight in.

Comment

just like joe mesi. he couldn't get medical clearance in NY, california, nevada, etc. none of the big markets would license him. he put some large crowds together in buffalo for his fights. i remember reading somewhere lennox lewis considered fighting him in buffalo then after the monte barrett & jirov fights that was the end of that talk. katsidas was a warrior & it's too bad he has to hang it up but doctors orders & he will face the same issues as mesi.
          Last edited by joe strong; 02-11-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

kind of figured as much. It was a little sad watching his last fight with Albert Mensah. the heart was there but his body just didn't want to do it.

I'm glad they caught it early whatever it is. I just hope it isn't CTE or early Parkinsons.

Katsidis was always a favortie, a great warrior

Comment

I hope that he is able to live a quality life after retirement, he was always an entertaining fighter to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                CAT scan.......yeah, that's all I need to hear right there. I wish Kats well but I think they found early signs of Parkinson. Hopefully there were just early, early signs and that he is in no immediate danger.

**Take that back, seems you can't detect Parkinson's with a CAT scan, they must see something else.
                could be brain damage though, you can detect that with an MRI because certain damaged areas will receive abnormal (too much, too little) blood flow

Comment

cat scan=brain damage

Comment

Glad they caught it before he could cause any further damage. Hopefully it's not too late. War Katsidis.

Comment

Working...
                    X