Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeuax-Poonsawat: Cult of Rigo Gets Its Case Maker

by Cliff Rold - Break out the chants.

Don the robes.

Saturday night, on the HBO-televised undercard of the lineal World Jr. Featherweight title bout between champion Nonito Donaire and challenger Jorge Arce, one of boxing’s more excited cult fan bases has something to light some incense for.

While Donaire has faced two high quality men in a row at 122 lbs. in titlist Jeffrey Mathebula and former titlist Toshiaki Nishioka, there is one name that dogs him in the eyes of hardcore fans.

It’s not Abner Mares, the WBC titlist in the division who many feel would make the biggest money fight with Donaire. That fight is beyond just the hardcore. That fight is already into the realm of discussion as big business, or what can be big business in today’s Jr. Featherweight class. [Click Here To Read More]

War Pswat !!

Comment

I just dont believe in Rigo man, no matter how many fights Ive seen him in I still aint sold on him like all his fans.

Comment

Rigondeaux will have plenty of chances to showcase his sill set against Poosawat. Looking forward to this. Donaire's next fight has to be Mares or Rigondeaux (if Rigo wins).

Comment

Nice article by Cliff. "The Cult of Rigo" I love it!

As the article says, Guillermo really has a chance to strengthen his case for a Donaire showdown. I hope he grabs the bull by the horns.

Comment

How much does a guy like Rigo get paid for his fights anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              $10.99 plus donations

Comment

rigo looks much older than hopkins

Comment

Man I hope Rigondeaux has a good showing. The Marroquin fight slowed everyone's roll a bit, rightfully so. This is probably one of the better fights around 122 for Rigondeaux.

Donaire has to fight Mares or Rigondeaux, if he wins, next. There's no way around that.

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    Rigondeaux got paid 103k to fight Kennedy. Teon made 70k for the same fight. Guillermo's purse seems about right, but Kennedy's seems a little high.

Comment

Working...
                    X