Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ref didn't do a bad job, Khan doesn't know how to listen!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan lost control of the fight. At the beginning he was in control especially w/ that questionable kd but after that he was trying desperately to keep Peterson off of him. I mean everything from running (actual running), pushing, pushing Peterson's head down, and clinching. If he had control of the fight and Peterson it wouldn't have been necessary to do all of that. It's nothing wrong w/ pushing but Khan made it so obvious. It was also obvious of hbo commentators but I give Larry merchant props for being somewhat fair in his post fight interview.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
      i agree. the hbo team is completely cluesless as usual when emanuel steward or roy jones isnt there to add some actual boxing knowledge to the mix. and all these dumb mainstream fans just go by what they say rather than what acctually happened.

khan cant fight for **** on the inside and resorts to blatant grappling 100% of the time. pushing, holding and even headlocking peterson in order to stop the fight from happening. the ref couldve DQ'ed him ffs, so the two points werent unfair at all.

great job by peterson who won this fight fair and square and was clearly the better man. im just mad i didnt bet on it like i planned to. wouldve been 160$ richer if i did.
      I don't fault the HBO team too much because they have headphones on, but I rewatched the fight this morning and heard the ref clearly everytime.

Comment

I have no issue with either deduction.

Khan was warned plenty of times and was given a last warning. After a point is taken, if you carry on you will get another one taken. Simple as that. Whether it's the 1st round or 12th round. No one's fault but Khan's.

Jim Watt was saying "He's going to get another point taken if he carries on" and he outright carried on.

I saw the second deduction coming from a mile away.

Comment

Peterson pushing is irrelevant imo since he was the agressor. 9 timess outta 10 they will let agressive behavior stand as opposed to Khan pushing Peterson just because he lacked a better defensive maneuver to create space between himself and Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Peterson pushing is irrelevant imo since he was the agressor. 9 timess outta 10 they will let agressive behavior stand as opposed to Khan pushing Peterson just because he lacked a better defensive maneuver to create space between himself and Peterson.
            It looked more to me like Peterson was trying to avoid being held and shedding Khan off, not actually pushing. Khan would push off to create space and avoid fighting inside because all he could do is put on the earmuffs when inside. The guy has absolutely no inside game and it showed again just as it did in the Maidana fight. Khan is the superior fighter IMO and Roach needs to diversify his training. Quite a few of the guys he trains seem to have the same lack of defense, head movement and can't fight inside.

Comment

The ref clearly said stop holding Khan, stop pushing Khan, don't do that Khan at least 20 times. I don't recall him telling Peterson anything about leading with his head. Good fight that turned controversial impart to the refs incompetence to be non biased.

Comment

Did anyone count how many headlocks Khan put Peterson in?

Comment

Peterson is what Maidana shoulda been

When the fight gets tougher, Khan has a problem. There was no KO's or knockdowns this fight so he had to last 12 rounds and didn't do a good job

The EXACT same thing will happen in the rematch because Peterson is a very solid boxer

Comment

Originally posted by Champ Is Here View Post
                    Peterson is what Maidana shoulda been

When the fight gets tougher, Khan has a problem. There was no KO's or knockdowns this fight so he had to last 12 rounds and didn't do a good job

The EXACT same thing will happen in the rematch because Peterson is a very solid boxer
                    I expect worse to happen Peterson exposed how one dimensional Khan really is. He can only fight one style and when he couldn't hurt Peterson he resorted to roughhouse tactics. Roach had no answers and proved how overrated he is as a trainer also. Khan better hope this fight happens with Cortez as the ref so he can hold and get protected all night.

Comment

Originally posted by welcometosaigon View Post
                      Did anyone count how many headlocks Khan put Peterson in?
                      I was going to, but would've taken too much time. But I heard "Khan stop holding him" more than I heard "Khan stop pushing him".

The ref could've easily taken points away for holding and didn't, Khan needs to be more sneaky if he's gonna hold.

Like most are saying, he needs to work on his inside game.

Comment

Working...
                      X